So - where are the rockets and gun pods ?

Jel

Returned to the BF today and wondered: There are switches for arming the wing mounted guns as well as bindings to switch between rockets and the gun. 

Even the manuals tells us about that (page 66):

Zitat

[...] If equipped with the underwing rockets, the MK 108 Fire Button can also be used to fire the underwing rockets. The two modes are selected via the MK 108 / Rockets Switch located on the main dash. The stick also contains the Bomb Release Button that can be used to drop the bomb. If equipped with underwing cannon gondolas, the MK 108 can also be used to fire the underwing guns. The two modes are selected via the Wing Cannon Switch located on the main dash

But none of those are available for loadout ? What did i miss ? 

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Gunfreak:

I doubt the K4 ever used any of those things.

Even G models almost never used them on the western front from 44.

so why are we having keybinds then ?

And why does the manual refer to those ?

Weird...

You're not missing anything apart from that they just haven't been implemented in DCS 😉 .

There's only secondary reference data indicating that two JGs got their K-4s shipped with gun pods (including JG26 mentioned in the manual), but not direct evidence that they were ever used in combat sorties.

There's also no evidence that wiring and switches for rockets were implemented in real K-4s apart from limited number of early production machines (that "our" instrument panel was probably modelled after?).

It seems that ED might have considered adding them when they were writing the manual in 2014 and finishing 3D model started even earlier in Kickstarter-project era, but they dropped the idea eventually. Given the historical factors above, however, I'd say it was a right decision.

If we ever get a Gustav 109, though, then sure, these will be a "must have", well documented and historically correct weapon options.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I stopped believing ED would care about what´s actually been used in service since the release of BlackShark3 🙂 

So following this road further down, they might as well provide pods and rockets for the K4.

But anyways, thanks for the heads up, guess that´s that for the BF109.

6 hours ago, Jel said:

I stopped believing ED would care about what´s actually been used in service since the release of BlackShark3 🙂 

So following this road further down, they might as well provide pods and rockets for the K4.

But anyways, thanks for the heads up, guess that´s that for the BF109.

A minor annoyance for me is some moduals are free for all, while others are very narrow in scope.

So some moduals get all kinda toys, while others can't get toys because that particular modual didn't use it(so Apache can't get stingers or APKWS, or F16 can't get GBU-39. I would like constancy, either all moduals are strick recreation of a particular model and date or none are.

But as I said a minor annoyance. And nothing that will actually change.

Edited by Gunfreak

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 12/29/2023 at 1:06 PM, Jel said:

But none of those are available for loadout ? What did i miss ? 

DCS Manuals have more or less the Cockpit from the prototype K4, where even here is stated non of the production model recieve anymore the MK-108/Nebelwerfer Switch for production removed.

Next thing what i saw recently and come to mind is, from G model 109 they switched the Qxygen from fuselage in to the Wing because of 115l MW Tank in the K4.

There is not even room left to store the ammunition for the gunpods in to the wing.

Still see DCS as simulation and should at least more or less a representation of the actually bird.

Not fancy K4 with wingpods that is not even possible.

abb7.jpg

main-qimg-ee4dc57d4fba4b9937f7084e531a1ecd-lq.jpg

• Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 2:53 PM, Gunfreak said:

A minor annoyance for me is some moduals are free for all, while others are very narrow in scope.

So some moduals get all kinda toys, while others can't get toys because that particular modual didn't use it(so Apache can't get stingers or APKWS, or F16 can't get GBU-39. I would like constancy, either all moduals are strick recreation of a particular model and date or none are.

But as I said a minor annoyance. And nothing that will actually change.

Fair, not to get to far off topic but I'd rather have all opinions even of not available for that particular model and date and just have mission makers / server admins disable them when applicable, then not have them for others. I.E. the original Apache exhaust ducts for country's other then the US to use or early GWOT missions.

It's kinda annoying how certain modules get purists that only want to allow the equipment from a vary specific model and date while others (IMHO correctly) model every possible system for that airframe I.E. we have the P-51D-30 before any WWII pacific maps or even talk about doing any WWII maps out of Europe.