HIP Games on YouTube

TPrince

Hey all.  I noticed that ED mentioned HIP Games in their newsletter. If you haven't had the opportunity to check them out regarding all updates in ED and all third party companies. I think you are missing out.  Nothing but quality with their updates and module give-aways.   Happy New Years.     Just my opinion by the way.  I am not affiliated with HIP Games

Edited by TPrince
  • Like 2

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor               4.70 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

• 4 weeks later...

As a great example:  Newest DCS Update from HIP

Edited by TPrince
  • Like 1

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

What are your thoughts?     What would you say are the top 3 DCS Contributors?  I would love to hear from my DCS Family (Maybe I'll learn something) 

In My Opinion

1) HIP   (DCS Updates for everything DCS)

2) Grim Reapers  (Amazing training Videos and mission recreations)

3) Growling Sidewinder  (Dogfighting, Missions, and great explanations for everyone) 

Edited by TPrince

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

I like HIP, but the voices and "comedy" can get pretty cringe at times. I wish he'd cut back a bit.

I'm a longtime Grim Reapers fan. They're my go-to channel. 

Also, Deephack's DCS podcast every Saturday afternoon (EST) is great. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

19 hours ago, TPrince said:

What are your thoughts?     What would you say are the top 3 DCS Contributors?  I would love to hear from my DCS Family (Maybe I'll learn something) 

Not a fan of the Grim Reapers myself, but I do like HIP´s news videos. Though I agree with @Beirut that the humor sometimes is a bit much, but overall I enjoy his videos.

My go-to channel for Tutorials is Deephack. I find his videos well structured, his voice enjoyable and I learned a lot from him.
Didn´t know he had a podcast, I need to check that out, thanks to @Beirut

Then there is one guy who makes very nice videos from Enigmas Cold War server, though I forgot his name right now (sorry for that, have to edit that in later), he flies Mi-8 most of the time.

I´d say those are my top 3, in no particular order.

• Like 1

I used always watch the grim reapers his tutorials got me off the ground with out the anal stuff that can come later in other videos but unfortunately he seems not to do as much like he did.

Good old cap I may bump in to him one day as think he goes to Lakenheath now and again.

The hip is quick short and keeps me up to date but seems a little to professional for my taste like a payed advert but useful.

Also like I have said many times he is responsible for people coming into DCS but as time goes on the same people become expert's over night and diss the grim reapers. 

Edited by freehand
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eugel said:

My go-to channel for Tutorials is Deephack. I find his videos well structured, his voice enjoyable and I learned a lot from him.
Didn´t know he had a podcast, I need to check that out, thanks to @Beirut

Every Saturday afternoon around 2PM Montreal time. He does a tutorial at 1:30 and if the tutorial is short, then the live podcast might start at 1:45 or whatever. Always an enjoyable show. Lots of back and forth with the chat.

This was a good show:

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

3 hours ago, Eugel said:

Deephack

Im going to check them out.  

This is what I meant about learning from you all.   A couple of these I've not heard about and I will definitely check them out. 

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

Thank you very much.  I added to my list and subscribed to them to take a look.  

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started a channel myself actually. Love HIP, GS and GR too. They are what got me thinking.

Basically, if I am flying as a hobby - why not record my flights and explain what I am doing. I always fly BuddySpike Server - Persian Gulf modern and was looking for someone who would do flight by flight videos. 

It's a campaign with many familiar names on the server that usually lasts for a few weeks as one team gets the upper hand before the other starts claiming back territory. I thought, why not record my flights and chat over the top. 

They aren't really tutorials - although I am thinking of doing some. They are more explaining my actions as I do them. I got encouraged to do it - so thought.. why not?

Let me know your thoughts. It's going well so far, but if it gains traction, I will do more.

https://www.youtube.com/@cptmrcalm

Edited by cptmrcalm
  • Thanks 1

I liked the early days Grim Reapers more. Yes, if anything they're actually "more professional" now, but back then, it was mostly about a group of guys/gals having fun.

I'm nonplussed by the people criticizing them over that. Too realistic, and it becomes like a job. There are plenty of groups/streamers available if by the book, ultra-realism is what one's looking for.