Mission Editor Radio Freqs

Just sitting here playing around in the ME, updating an old mission. Something really nice to have would be a tab or menu that lists what radio freqs are being used by what aircraft or group. Just something that keeps it all together. Would be nice if you can change the freqs there too. Maybe even if it's added in the "unit list" tab. Just an idea.

• Like 5

This would tie in with something I've requested before, mission editor variables.

Not only would it be nice to have a table of frequencies, but also the ability to set these frequencies as variables and input the variables into the frequency tables.

Example, an AWACS is set to 300 MHz, have a variable AEW = 300 MHz. Instead of having to type 300 in the unit frequency box or change frequency commands, just type AEW. This would be especially useful if you need to change the value later. You could then just change the definition of AEW and it's updated everywhere.

For the AI I'd also include a radio manager. Currently AI is set to one frequency at a time. To make them a little more realistic I set them to change frequencies (set to ATC of their airport initially, then to combat frequency after takeoff, then back to ATC on landing). It would be nice if this could be packaged into a manager using variables, something like:

ATC = 251.100 MHz

AEW = 300 MHz

Radio ATC = ATC (AI would automatically use when taking off/landing)

Set Radio ATC automatically yes/no (AI would tune to correct ATC for the airbase it is using instead of it being hardcoded)

Radio combat = AEW, tune in at waypoint 2

This would be saved as a radio manager template which can then be assigned to any aircraft, probably with a waypoint or triggered action like "Use radio manager 1".

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 9:02 AM, Volator said:

Additional requests:

Please make it possible to copy set frequencies to all flight members and to other groups in the ME.

Please make set frequencies autmatically populate the kneeboard of each aircraft.

Would the first part not already be available in-game through Copy Settings > Radio Settings > All Allied Units Of This Type?

Edited by SabreDancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Volator said:

Hm, I don't know where to find that?! I haven't come across this in the ME yet...

Check the icon next to tail number.

• Thanks 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria