Post Gina upcoming module speculation

Vampyre

Interesting little tidbit there at the end of IFE's recently closed out "What would you like to fly" thread.

So, not Italian or even European but was involved in a recent European conflict. I can't think of any Asian or South American types that fit the clues which means it's probably American.

What is recent for European conflicts? Even though it was almost 30 years ago, Balkan Conflicts maybe? I doubt it is the Ukraine war or the Greece/Turkey clashes in the 70's.

American- F-117, F-15C probably. Could be a transport like the C-141B Starlifter though I doubt it. Maybe a Helo like the CH-53E Super Sea Stallion or Maybe an AH-1W Super Cobra.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Well, maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but I'm wondering if when Duke wrote "not Italian, nor European" he meant completely Italian, leaving space for aircraft designed by international Consortiums... like, just to drop a name, AMX International.... 😬

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Gianky:

Well, maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but I'm wondering if when Duke wrote "not Italian, nor European" he meant completely Italian, leaving space for aircraft designed by international Consortiums... like, just to drop a name, AMX International.... 😬

AMX is under development by Razbam.

Edited by CarloVecchi

2 hours ago, CarloVecchi said:

This has never been confirmed, these are just concept arts not pictures of module for DCS. 

Razbam never confirmed that would be working on AMX for DCS (although these are actually photos from Razbam) and that's not in their plans. Dont expect it, maybe in far, far away alternatively.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/7/2024 at 3:02 AM, Vampyre said:

Interesting little tidbit there at the end of IFE's recently closed out "What would you like to fly" thread.

So, not Italian or even European but was involved in a recent European conflict. I can't think of any Asian or South American types that fit the clues which means it's probably American.

What is recent for European conflicts? Even though it was almost 30 years ago, Balkan Conflicts maybe? I doubt it is the Ukraine war or the Greece/Turkey clashes in the 70's.

American- F-117, F-15C probably. Could be a transport like the C-141B Starlifter though I doubt it. Maybe a Helo like the CH-53E Super Sea Stallion or Maybe an AH-1W Super Cobra.

Remember, the Starfighter has builded by Aerges 3rd Party, no IndiaFoxtEcho.

• Vampyre changed the title to Post Gina upcoming module speculation

Thanks, it's fixed now.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

5 hours ago, CarloVecchi said:

What YoYo said. Razbam released a bunch of pictures of various aircrafts and never confirmed they'd be working on the AMX. Maybe they're doing it, maybe they're not, who knows.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to search and speculate; anyway, a quick glance at this Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Europe

looking at conflict from 1945 onward and cross checking with the option IFE gave us, made my eyes drop on the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974: if I'm not mistaken, both Turks and Greeks had the F-102 in service, at the time, and Turkey still had the RF-84F (maybe even Greece, I'm not sure). So, it might be the Delta Dagger or the Thunderstreak.

If someone else have more time, please, go on, I couldn't do the same work for the Yugoslavian wars, that could be another source for a good guess.

@6S.Duke am I getting close? (Fuochino, fuochino!)

19 hours ago, Gianky said:

maybe even Greece, I'm not sure

Greece flew the Thunderflash until 1991 according to Wikipedia.

I'm not sure it makes sense to cross check with the IFE's list though, that leaves out a lot of options.

Edited by TLTeo

42 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

I'm not sure it makes sense to cross check with the IFE's list though, that leaves out a lot of options.

You could be right Teo. After all, Duke's post says «We are going to consider your preferences for our future projects, taking into account also the access to the real aircraft and documentation.
For the moment, we want you to know that we got a license for a new exciting project ...» Emphases are mine.

Considering the wording, the new project may have nothing to do with that list. That opens a lot more possibilities, but it also makes more difficult the guess work!

Edited by Gianky

Recent european conflicts are only Ukraine and "Operation Allied Force", anything older than this I wouldn't consider "recent".

The only possible candidate that comes to mind is a F-16A/AM or some kind of Su-25. But i would be very skeptical about these two picks. I think we are still out of tracks.

Of course a F-104S or AV-8B+ would fit the description but these are already taken projects (technically the 104 by Aerges will probably be a G variant so the S is still free but still, I don't think that's the case). 

Edited by Mig Fulcrum
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Recent european conflicts are only Ukraine and "Operation Allied Force", anything older than this I wouldn't consider "recent"

I don't agree, firstly, because Europe is considered to extend to the Ural and the Caucasus area (Georgia is part of Europe), secondly, because the concept of "recent" is a relative one, it all depends on what temporal scale you want to consider (or, in this case, what temporal scale Duke had in mind); Allied Force, for example, is already almost 25, some might say it's old. And why shouldn't we consider the previous Yugoslavian wars, which are just about 5 years older?

I'd say at least the last 30/35 years, and considering the eastern part of Europe, too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2024 at 7:55 PM, Mig Fulcrum said:

Recent european conflicts are only Ukraine and "Operation Allied Force", anything older than this I wouldn't consider "recent".

The only possible candidate that comes to mind is a F-16A/AM or some kind of Su-25. But i would be very skeptical about these two picks. I think we are still out of tracks.

Of course a F-104S or AV-8B+ would fit the description but these are already taken projects (technically the 104 by Aerges will probably be a G variant so the S is still free but still, I don't think that's the case). 

I think the AV-8B+ has planned by RAZBAM as follow of AV-8B N/A