Good, realistic missions for the Apache?

Any good / realistic missions out there to play SP?

Most of them have SAM's etc which is imho not realistic.

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

search for ["Stolen Content" DCS missions].   very straight forward and gives you a fighting chance. Be very careful with M-03, you will see when you run it.  it is under DCS 'user files'.   Good voice overs.

Another option is to get RotorOps and then just set the missions with only a few redforce units.

Also is to learn to use the Mission editor and just delete a bunch of the Sams, etc from a mission.

You are right in that most of the missions are "suicide missions".  I think most of them are designed by the Russians to make USA look bad.   If you read enough threads here you will see a lot of discussions about what the real role of an Apache is.  And is not SEAD.

Edited by NIGHTHAWK1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

2 hours ago, NIGHTHAWK1 said:

I think most of them are designed by the Russians to make USA look bad.

More like the ADA is added to make it a bit more than a turkey shoot. A lot of the ADA in the game can be dealt with/exploited in certain ways, which is what I'm sure a lot of designers are keeping in mind. For example: the SA-19 can be engaged from beyond its max missile range with SAL missiles by stretching out to 8.7-9km for a launch, while SA-8 and SA-15 are vulnerable to close in attacks. Over-saturation of these various systems does tend to be a problem with a lot of single missions, as Soviet doctrine had ADA as a regimental level asset. That gets into a whole other can of worms, but the old FM 100-60 is a pretty decent guide to get a good figure of ADA-vehicle ballpark. ie, out of 30 vehicles in the division, you've got 1 dedicated ADA unit - though there's often a higher density of MANPADS to go with that.

@baksie what's your preference? COIN or Fulda Gap? Have you checked the user files already? @NIGHTHAWK1 has already given some good suggestions, particularly Stolen Content.

• Like 3

I'd suggest checking out the missions from Stolen Content like @Nighthawk1 mentioned. Those tend to be more realistic without tons of unnecessary SAMs. RotorOps is also good if you want to customize things yourself. No need for crazy hard suicide missions - the important thing is having fun!

Edited by beachkind
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I never served in any branch of any Army, so i can't really tell which mission is more close to real life than another.

I played this and found it "very realistic" (for what i think real mission is...)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3325649/

I am not the author. Just downloaded and found funny, challenging and immersive.

• Thanks 1

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

I can't say if it is realistic or not - I call it plausible and the feedback is very positive

Operation Horizon

or this one, based on/inspired by real events

Operation David's Trident

• Like 1

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen