Any possibility to get the satelite textures around airfileds and towns back?

ouky1991

It's such a shame to cover the unique look of this map with such a generic textures. Would Razbam consider option to remove some of the HardSplat textures of fields, or atleast give as option to do so? Especially around cities like Ushuaia and Puntas Arenas the visuals are much worse compared to EA release of the map

DCS 2024-01-11 20-51-02.jpg

DCS 2024-01-11 20-50-23.jpg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Minsky said:

Completely agree.

It's puzzling why they replaced them in the first place.

If that's an example of the 'synthetic look' polled in another thread, then God help us all 😄 

Yes, I'm afraid most of people don't realize what they woted for, and expecting something like syria but in south America, that poll needs screenshot example what exatly it would look like. But that would take a complete rework of this map to look decent and cohesive.

The worst part is the original textures are to some extent still there and are simply covered with these ugly tiles. Could be even one of the reasons why it runs even worse after these updates.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, Minsky said:

If that's an example of the 'synthetic look' polled in another thread, then God help us all 😄 

Exactly!

Hence, my attempt of "campaigning" in that thread for some example screenshots..

Until now, all in vein..

If these screenshots where added, to indicate the 'synthetic look', the poll outcome would have been different.

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yeah, completely agree - especially with these areas.

Even if the synthetic one is a higher resolution texture, such that it doesn't look blurry from low altitudes, the lost colour accuracy and the lost details, IMO, more than makes up for it, to the point that satellite textures, even if lower resolution are the better way to go.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Exactly!
Hence, my attempt of "campaigning" in that thread for some example screenshots..
Until now, all in vein..
If these screenshots where added, to indicate the 'synthetic look', the poll outcome would have been different.
Which is why I haven't actually voted yet!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking forward to using this map more as it develops, but I can't say I'm too happy if this is the way it is going. It would be good to get confirmation of what the devs are planning in this regard, i.e. is this the final state of these areas? How widespread will these artifacts be? And finally, why?

Edited by Benom8
Added question
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ouky1991 said:

Razbam, thank you for reverting some of the areas back to sat textures. Ushuaia looks definitely better now!

I'm amazed at how quickly the developer reacted to this user feedback, it says a lot about Razbam's commitment to this Map. 👍

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB