Cockpit shaking

pepin1234

26 minutes ago, JetFighterGirl said:

For sure! Cockpit reaction to the ariflow and stress is kind of DCS standard now for the new modules, is it not?

I'd say that ED modules tend to show little buffeting. I think Heatblur has good effects on their F-14.
A bigger issue in DCS is that turbulence does not really exist: There is a turbulence setting in ME that technically works, but that is more random gusts and does not give the bumpiness and roughness that you can experience in reality.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, twistking said:

I'd say that ED modules tend to show little buffeting. I think Heatblur has good effects on their F-14.
A bigger issue in DCS is that turbulence does not really exist: There is a turbulence setting in ME that technically works, but that is more random gusts and does not give the bumpiness and roughness that you can experience in reality.

Turbulence setting in options affects two things for me AAR or flying right in the wake of another aircraft, especially the large ones and carrier landing (but seems to be bugged) and turbulence value in ME affects landings and low flight where aircraft "wobbles". 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 12:09 PM, JetFighterGirl said:

Turbulence setting in options affects two things for me AAR or flying right in the wake of another aircraft, especially the large ones and carrier landing (but seems to be bugged) and turbulence value in ME affects landings and low flight where aircraft "wobbles". 

The two options are two different things - the first one is "wake turbulence" (affects the airflow behind the wings of every aircraft, plus the burble effect behind the carrier superstructure):

and the second one is wind "turbulence" setting for the low level atmosphere:

Beware that HB F-14 uses its own wake turbulence and burble simulation.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria