The New Year's Season Sale

Captain Chuck

I can't believe I missed the sale! I was going to buy 2 more planes, warbirds. I'm just kicking myself for getting the date wrong.

All was OK at first when I knew it ended on the 7th and was prepared to purchase.... but then they extending it so I thought I had plenty of time and then next thing I knew it was already over. I thought it ended on the 15th because I got my time zone confused. I missed out by a couple of hours.

Damn!

Ok....enough.

I feel better.... a litlle anyway. 

Well...I got one new plane ay least...but I wanted two more.

crazypilot3.jpg

Edited by Captain Chuck
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Chuck said:

I feel better.... a litlle anyway. 

🙂 ... next time, try to purchase at the start of the sale .. waiting until the last minute has this kind of risk 😂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

🙂 ... next time, try to purchase at the start of the sale .. waiting until the last minute has this kind of risk 😂

I wasn't "waiting" to purchase actually. I was testing out 5 planes that I was interested in. I had to learn which ones I had the best chance of taking off and landing and which country I wanted to fly for on the 4YA Project Overlord WWII multiplayer server I mostly fly on these days. I only bought one but I would have purchased 2 more had I one more day.

I decided against my first choice because after flying the Me 109 and getting used to it, I still felt tense and unrelaxed flying it because it is so needy of attention all the time. I liked the Dora but I found that the server only spawns that particular aircraft ridiculously far away from the action on the Normandy map. It took me a long time to figure out how to get the Anton off the runway consistently. For me, it turned out to be how I set the trim for take off. The P-47 was a pleasure to taxi, takeoff and fly. It's only drawback is it's turn rate. I will buy this plane next sale.

18 months ago I tested all these aircraft and not one of them could I get off the runway, even with your advice which you gave me back then. So I gave up on the idea of flying anything except my P-51. But for some reason, now, after exclusively flying the P-51for this long, I not have near the troubles taxiing and taking off other modules, with which I had very serious troubles previously. I had no problems at all taxiing the Spitfire, even. So, I did purchase that aircraft right away. The only one I got from the sale.

• Like 1

Next sale is coming for sure..

Most likely Spring-Sale..

(or Chinese New-Year? that would be soon...)

• Like 2

Aircrafts: F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-15E, JF-17, F-16C, A-10C II, AH-64D, Black Shark 3,  Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, FW 190-D, Spitfire LF Mk.,  FC3 + some mods 🙂

Maps: Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai, Nevada, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, Afghanistan

Packages: Supercruiser, Combined Arms, WW2 Asset Pack

System: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x@3.70GHz, 32GB Ram, Sapphire Radeon RX 580, Samsung 870 Evo 1TB SSD, Win10Pro 64 Bit, 2x24" BENQ

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS, TM TRP Pedals, Total Control Multi Button Box, TM MFD Cougar, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro

19 hours ago, Captain Chuck said:

I can't believe I missed the sale! I was going to buy 2 more planes, warbirds. I'm just kicking myself for getting the date wrong.

😂 <profanity> happens. Pilots should be acquainted to using Zulu time and all, but still...

As people say, don't worry, Chinese new year sale will be here soon enough and you'll have another chance, or maybe in Spring sale, or maybe Easter sale, or maybe pre Summer sale, or maybe Summer sale, or... 😉

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

6 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

😂 <profanity> happens. Pilots should be acquainted to using Zulu time and all, but still...

As people say, don't worry, Chinese new year sale will be here soon enough and you'll have another chance, or maybe in Spring sale, or maybe Easter sale, or maybe pre Summer sale, or maybe Summer sale, or... 😉

Unfortunately, that's too long to wait because for some reason, since the sale started coincidentally, there is a rash of new pilots flying on this server now and the numbers are way up. However, they are mostly people with US and British planes flying for the Allies on Normandy and it is making the Axis team too small to be a fair fight. They need more Axis pilots and that was the main reason I was going to buy a German plane. So, when the sides were unbalanced I could choose a German plane.

10 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Feel you captain! But we're in luck. Like others have mentioned, Eagle Dynamics has sales for DCS all the time. Christmas, Winter, Lunar, Easter, Spring. You name it!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Oh...but that was a good sale !........Also  See above.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Chuck said:

Unfortunately, that's too long to wait because for some reason, since the sale started coincidentally, there is a rash of new pilots flying on this server now and the numbers are way up. However, they are mostly people with US and British planes flying for the Allies on Normandy and it is making the Axis team too small to be a fair fight. They need more Axis pilots and that was the main reason I was going to buy a German plane. So, when the sides were unbalanced I could choose a German plane.

Pitty you can't wait, but Chinese new year (with sales in previous years IIRC) I believe will be in February 10th. I know it's long whenever one is in the need, but…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 7:59 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Chinese new year (with sales in previous years IIRC) I believe will be in February 10th

Sale started today:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

FAQ:

When does the DCS Lunar New Year sale start?

This year the Lunar New Year sale will start on February 7th.

Will everything be discounted 50% during the sale?

Sadly no. Please check the online shop for the specifics, but some items are discounted somewhat less, especially if they already feature a discount (e.g. preorder). Discounts on 3rd party modules vary.

I don't celebrate Lunar New Year. Can I still get a discount?

Yes! While it might seem a little shifty, you can make use of the discount, completely independent of your personal cultural heritage.

Must I buy a new module?

Well, it is encouraged but by no means mandatory. Refer to your purchase history or your miles balance. You don't really have to. Chances are you shouldn't. But one more won't hurt, probably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kang said:

Must I buy a new module?

I'm really tempted to purchase the MB339, which is finally at a price low enough for me, with a 30% discount ... but I'm currently saving for the Kola map, and dedicated to re-learn the Viggen, so I'm torn here ... will spend the next 10 days debating whether I should or should not buy ☺️

Yeah....I just got the P-47.  I think I better get a German aircraft too though.  Last night on the best WWII multiplayer server there is, 4YA Project Overlord, I noticed 40 allied pilots and 17 Axis. If I had a  Me 109 or Focke Wulf I would have helped out the other team instead.

On 2/8/2024 at 1:47 AM, Rudel_chw said:

I'm really tempted to purchase the MB339, which is finally at a price low enough for me, with a 30% discount ... but I'm currently saving for the Kola map, and dedicated to re-learn the Viggen, so I'm torn here ... will spend the next 10 days debating whether I should or should not buy ☺️

Haha! That's what I did last sale and I procrastinated and then missed out. You'll have to just bite the bullet and buy everything on your list and get the map too. Don't worry, you'll relace the money. Can alwasy get more.

• Like 2