Landing gear collapses after repair

BlackBaron46

This problems been the in both stable and open beta at least 3 patches worthy..

• Like 2

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 2 weeks later...

This is still happening. 

I didn’t realise it had busted one of the legs earlier. Went through all the cold start and warming, taxied out and lined up wondering why it was a bit wonky. Had to abort take-off and dump it. I thought it was so long ago it might’ve been sorted by now. Another one for the long to do list.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

at the slightest bump on landings --always the right gear -- breaks and folds inward about 45 degrees ..  and on request repair , as soon as it lets down after repair completed  Both LT and RT Gear break and fold inward .. .   has been this way forever it seems ..  never fixed with new updates ....

Does the ED TEAM even know this problem exists ?   Odd that there has been NO  agnolagment  or reply from them on this issue  , as only members replied ...    I have started a new thread about this ,  hopefully we can get a reply from them ??  

• Like 1

Tried to repair my struts after a botched landing... and after three minutes the plane went up like a UFO, everything looked brand new... and bang! Struts broken again. And that's how I found this thread. 😉

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Maybe this will help ED for a fix ??   Right gear will break on landing on hard surface runways . even with good landings .

will = NOT= break on grass or dirt runways , ( unless of course you slam it ) =  but all airfields - request repair = will not properly fix landin gear ...  request reply from ED , just so we now we are nor being Ignored .... and you are aware of the problem with P=47 landing gear ...

I think there are about three threads about this.

One’s marked as reported (months ago). May as well merge them, or delete them?

I’ve been flying in N2 a fair bit where it happens all the time. I don’t think it’s the map but the module. This isn’t getting fixed any time soon. I’ve yet to see anyone from ED acknowledge it’s even happening let alone being looked at. Flappies bump of the thread was three months ago now.

Maybe we’ll get a fix soon and then a release of a razorback to make up for it? 🙂 And maybe we won’t.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to fix it and not mind braking IC. Go into your install folder and find mods/aircraft/P-47D/FM. In that folder you will see FMOptions.lua Change the mainGearSpringForceFactorRate = 7 to a 5. Your gear will now flex some but not so much that it shoves its way all up into the wing. Lands lovey now. With just a little spring on touchdown. No Idea why ED just cant make that change. The mustangs is set to 3 and its way do hard. It would likely be better at a 4 or 5 but have not tested that yet.

• ED Team

New landing gear system is currently being added to the P-47, it should be addressed then. Thanks. 

18 hours ago, RUNEofORM said:

No Idea why ED just cant make that change. The mustangs is set to 3 and its way do hard. It would likely be better at a 4 or 5 but have not tested that yet.

This would be adjusted based on real-world information, not what works better but rather what is more realistic. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png