Problems with Mission 9

I played this mission many times ,always with a score of 70

Spoiler

I engaged the SA-2, confirmed no TELs at the first grid ref by Betsy, ordered the latter to engage Meat Grinder and then the other section engaged succesfully the TELs. Continued search and finally discovered the compound with the last three TELs and destroyed, then RTB'ed and trapped aboard and still score 70I watched some videos on YT, especially @KENNY1988 ones, and there, after the second SAM radar destroyed will happen a multi launch of SCUDs/SAMs from the same compound of the last group of TELs that prompted the order from Raven 33 to Raven 35 to engage the SCUDs but this never happened o me,I missed something? Also the briefing stated that will be ordered Armstrong in proximity of the coast, but again never happened to me...

I missed some trigger? I'm in stable

Edited by Kurnass1977

Most likely that is the issue, the campaign should be more up-to-date on Open Beta. Soon there will be no distinction and also I will overhaul all the mission to take into account the upcoming deck crew - so any bugs and problems will be fixed, although it will take some time... stay tuned and sorry for any bugs you encounter (most of them just are introduced with changes to core DCS and sometimes are difficult to fix straight away). 

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks and understood.

in reality is possible to complete the mission (as I've already done but with a 70 score ) but I'm sincerely angry , as the Campaign is really good and enjoyed a lot, when work as designed and I can improve thr final score.Is quite frustrating to have the last TELs captured in the Tpod and don't receive the promtp to engage'em.

BTW I know how the point are assigned, but a SAM engaged by Betsy count as a player kill or I need to kill both? I ask because  I should have finished the mission with a 90 score in my first try as for R1:DF Guide

Spoiler

MISSION 09 Player correctly states there are no TELs in first location: 10 

Player kills SA2: 10

Player kills SA3: 10

Player destroys TELs: 10

Landing on the carrier: 10 (1 for divert)

But I'll thanks for the great work put in this Campaign ( and R1 too).

Edit: noted at mission start that DCAG Spartan 1-1 hit the E-2 tail exploding. As consequence, Spartan 1-2 land some minutes after take off.Maybe this prevent the call for Armstrong when coast in

Edited by Kurnass1977

• 4 weeks later...

@baltic_dragon

Just adding a cpl bugs i found today dealing with same Miz #9. This was on the latest stable release Version # 2.9.3.51704

- The last targets, the 3 Scuds never went active, they use to fire. I still took them out and got the correct end of mission announcement though. 

- The other strange thing was Texico was refueling anther tanker upon Wakiki. Which you can imagine takes forever. So I just by passed

it and went to the boat. I never saw this before, so I figured it's a bug. I know your going to be revamping all these missions, so I'm not expecting 

anything to be done quick, just figured you'd want to add this to your to do list. 

Thanks for these great missions and keeping them valid. You got more patients than me lol. 

SS Attached of the two tankers. 

Dave

2 tankers.jpg

• Like 1

13 ore fa, chase ha scritto:

- The last targets, the 3 Scuds never went active, they use to fire. I still took them out and got the correct end of mission announcement though. 

2 tankers.jpg

I mean the same problem...

How much you score?

7 hours ago, Kurnass1977 said:

I mean the same problem...

How much you score?

IDK the score. I start the missions from the ME now and don't worry about the score any more. So wasn't paying attention. 

• Like 1

Il 29/1/2024 at 21:48, Kurnass1977 ha scritto:

Edit: noted at mission start that DCAG Spartan 1-1 hit the E-2 tail exploding. As consequence, Spartan 1-2 land some minutes after take off.Maybe this prevent the call for Armstrong when coast in

Now the F-14s take off normally and have them fly as advertised and consequently have the Armstrong order near the coast in, but as stated by Chase, the  last three Scuds not went active

Il 24/2/2024 at 20:29, chase ha scritto:

IDK the score. I start the missions from the ME now and don't worry about the score any more. So wasn't paying attention. 

Thanks, asked only 'cause my ego want 100% completion of the mission...

Edited by Kurnass1977

• 2 weeks later...

Hi team, I'm starting to think the recent updates might be behind a few glitches. According to some YouTube videos, the latest SCUD post isn't activating, despite me being able to find it. Could you guys check on that? Loving the campaign so far, but wow, this mission's a tough one! Also, I'm stuck scoring below 70 (and, frustratingly, can't take down the S3 with a Maverick. Anybody successful on this one?), plus there's another S3 refueling at Texaco. Seems like I'm not the only one running into these problems. Any insights or fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by guiduz
  • Like 1

I'll have a look at this one. I noticed problems with SCUDs, maybe something that ED needs fixing. I'm wrapping up the Gamblers and then I want to go back to RO:DF and completely overhaul it, just like I did with the Raven One - streamline some things, add some safeguards to triggers, remove all space bar presses for freq changes etc. Will keep you posted. Apologies it all takes so long, but I am still bogged down with full-time job - but as of the summer I am planning to move to DCS full time and then both reaction time to bugs and releasing new missions will be much quicker!

• Like 2

OK guys, I found the reason - it seems the SCUD range has changed since the release of the mission and their targets were set too far, so they never fired. This is fixed, but while I am at this mission I'll try to update the whole thing to a new standard. Also fixed the issue with tanker refueling from another tanker.

Edited by baltic_dragon

On 2/23/2024 at 11:30 PM, chase said:

The other strange thing was Texico was refueling anther tanker upon Wakiki. Which you can imagine takes forever. So I just by passed

it and went to the boat. I never saw this before, so I figured it's a bug

@baltic_dragonI flew the mission last night and this behavior is still there. Obviously I went directly to the carrier but it will be nice to have it resolved next time you revisit this one.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

2 ore fa, baltic_dragon ha scritto:

OK guys, I found the reason - it seems the SCUD range has changed since the release of the mission and their targets were set too far, so they never fired. This is fixed, but while I am at this mission I'll try to update the whole thing to a new standard. Also fixed the issue with tanker refueling from another tanker.

Finger crossed!

I halted the Campaign waiting for your update