George can't hold heading in a hover

Nereid
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

I was switching from pilot to G/CP and ordered George (as a pilot then) to hover. But he fails to hold a steady heading to the target completely. Every few seconds he rotates to the right about 15 to 20 degrees and is then comming back, only to start his rotation to the right again.

Even I with my limited skills in a hover would do this better - especially with ATT hold on.

EDIT: I have uploaded a TRK-File. It was easy to reproduce.

The mission starts in the air so I had to get into a stable hover first. This was done at 05:31:20, heading 30°. I was holding this heading for about 15 seconds and then I switched to C/PG. George took over and at 05:32:00 he had quite a lot problems to hold a constant heading. 

There is A LOT room for improvement I would say.

George-Hover-Problem.trk

Edited by Nereid

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Just now, Tholozor said:

Already reported: 

Ah. Thanks. Let's hope they fix it soon. This oscillation makes any targeting in the C/PG seat nearly impossible.

Edited by Nereid

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

On 2/4/2024 at 2:56 PM, Nereid said:

Ah. Thanks. Let's hope they fix it soon. This oscillation makes any targeting in the C/PG seat nearly impossible.

IIRC, you can cancel out a good bit of the movement by using the linear motion compensator. Though admittedly the LMC does take a bit of effort to wrangle, I find it helps a bit when the pilot's flying is being a bit squirrely. 

• Like 1

Just by looking at the pedals, you can tell he is late and overcompensating. -Maintaining left/right oscillation.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

I think George cannot cope with wind. When wind is calm he can hold a complete steady hover but as soon as there is wind he keeps oscillating/overcompensating. Not speaking about the occasions where he still suffers from VRS... Let's hope that will be fixed soon.

• Like 2

i79900k @ 4,7 - Geforce RTX2080TI 11GB - 32Gbram - Win10 - TRackIr4 - Thrustmaster Warthog/Saitek Rudder

• 2 weeks later...

In the latest patch it seems to be way better now.

If you put George to pilot from takeoff it is a real problem, at any speed he "stitches" the course left and right. And to reduce the speed until reaching a stationary position, never maintain the course, sometimes even not reducing the speed. Before the patch it worked acceptably, now it has become almost impossible to do a complete mission from the co-pilot's position.

• Like 1

Not a fan of George. He just put me in the trees...Went to 0 ground speed and a 100ft hover. Very simple for an Apache. Ole George in the back seat balls us up.

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Same probs here since the patch,

Flying in liberation nevada as cpg.

George is all over the place and crashes in most missions.

Before the patch he was a lot better?

Know its a WIP but was something changed,

Sadly unplayable.

Back to my trusty viper i think...

• Like 2

This is odd all these people saying how George is worse since patch 🤷‍♂️ For me he now hovers perfectly, almost too well as sometimes I can't tell if I'm in Active Pause or not 🤔

• Like 1

One thing that helped stabilise George is if I command him to change altitude. If, let's say, I want him to come to a complete stop, I command him to increase altitude slightly (30ft or so). If I want him to move forward from hovering, I command him to decrease altitude slightly.