Did the AP functions change?

Aoi Kaze
Go to solution Solved by Aoi Kaze,

Hello all. I abandoned the Viper for a couple of months, since I've been learning how to fly the F-15E. Today I decided to give it a go again and I noticed a lot of changes in the way it flies. Before I almost never had to trim it a lot (except when carrying assymetric payloads or when releasing bombs from one station and so), and now I had to trim it constantly. Moreover, what worried me most is that the autopilot didn't seem to work fine. Placing the left switch to steerpoing and the right to mantain altitude, neither did it follow the steerpoint, nor it mantained altitude or attitude. I tried in different missions and it seems it's just not working.  So I am wondering: maybe something changed and I didn't notice?

I have been trying to find any topics about it and I couldn't so, maybe it's just happening to me?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Aoi Kaze

hace 51 minutos, Sinclair_76 dijo:

You could've left your trim in DISC during the start up. That would explain both issues.

Not in different missions. I closed DCS, started up again, tried on a free flight instant action and same problem. I think I will have to uninstall the module, since it seems it's only happening to me.

8 hours ago, Aoi Kaze said:

Hello all. I abandoned the Viper for a couple of months, since I've been learning how to fly the F-15E. Today I decided to give it a go again and I noticed a lot of changes in the way it flies. Before I almost never had to trim it a lot (except when carrying assymetric payloads or when releasing bombs from one station and so), and now I had to trim it constantly. Moreover, what worried me most is that the autopilot didn't seem to work fine. Placing the left switch to steerpoing and the right to mantain altitude, neither did it follow the steerpoint, nor it mantained altitude or attitude. I tried in different missions and it seems it's just not working.  So I am wondering: maybe something changed and I didn't notice?

I have been trying to find any topics about it and I couldn't so, maybe it's just happening to me?

Thanks in advance

I think you forgot how Viper flies and now you have a feeling that something is wrong. Viper always had to be trimmed with asimetric loadout. As for the AP, for me it works just fine.

I don't think that you have to uninstall the module you can run repair of the game, cleanup and remove all mods that you have,

- check that Trim/AP Disc Switch is set to NORM,

- check that Air Refueling Door Control Switch is set to CLOSE, it disconnects the AP when OPEN.

- and finally check that Paddle Switch is not depressed.

those 3 can disconnect the AP.

Edited by Furiz
  • Thanks 1

hace 3 horas, Furiz dijo:

I think you forgot how Viper flies and now you have a feeling that something is wrong. Viper always had to be trimmed with asimetric loadout. As for the AP, for me it works just fine.

I don't think that you have to uninstall the module you can run repair of the game, cleanup and remove all mods that you have,

- check that Trim/AP Disc Switch is set to NORM,

- check that Air Refueling Door Control Switch is set to CLOSE, it disconnects the AP when OPEN.

- and finally check that Paddle Switch is not depressed.

those 3 can disconnect the AP.

I said I almost never had to trim except when having assymetric payloads and so. My AP doesn't work right, hence this post. I appreciate the recommendations, but I'm saying it happened in different (consecutive) missions, and even when I started an instant mission in free flight, The fact that AP seems to work exactly the same for everybody else is why I think my module has become corrupted. I will start with repairing DCS, check on the modules, and reinstall it and see if the problem persists. Maybe something went wrong with the last update.
Thanks to all.

Be aware that if you let go your joystick and inf RCTRL+ENTER the axis is not center almost perfectly, the autopilot won't engage. You'll need to recalibrate your joystick.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

I agree with RPY Variable, this sounds like a misaligned or noisy joystick axis. Any nonzero input will override the autopilot.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."