Possible FCS Schedule Error

PanicMan15

Hello All.

I believe I have found a error in the scheduling for the FCS. As you will see in the track I provided, performing the loop when I achieve less than or equal to 270kts, I immediately loss a G. Then on the backside of the loop after hitting around 360kts, the jet added the G back. At first I thought this was just due to the alpha ramping up and down but I was incorrect. I decided to do a horizontal turn to confirm my theory and yes, after 270 knots decelerating I noticed a drop in G and alpha. You can see this in the track. I have shown my controls indicator to show that I am not moving the stick at all during this test. Now what leads me to think it is a scheduling error is that if I speed up over 270kts but do not exceed 360kts, it does not have this weird behavior. My guess is that there is a hard edge in the schedule which is causing a rapid transition. I could be wrong about it being a scheduling error, but it's a starting place to investigate.

Cheer's, Panic

Hornet FCS Schedule Bug.trk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 2/27/2024 at 11:05 PM, RoddersAndDodders said:

I am also seeing this. In this track near the end you can see I have enabled the controls indicator. I am full aft stick and as I pass through 360Kts all of a sudden an extra G is on. The plane is accelerating through 340-350Kts because it is being held at Missing_G_TRK.trk~5G.

Just to be clear for the report, I know there is such thing as a "G-Bucket" where the G gets limited to 5.8G to account for transonic pitch-up. This is not that. This is clearly some sort of hard edge in the scheduling for the G or something to do with the stabs. After re-watching my track over, you can notice a 1-2 degree oscillation in the stabs when transiting through 360kts and 270kts.

• ED Team

We will check it as soon as we have time, you will need to be patient. 

thank you 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

• 1 month later...

As in the title of the topic, F18, in certain conditions, can't pull up enough after 22th February 2024 update.

In the attached short video, the plane crashes even if i was pulling as hard as possible with paddle, but AoA remains low.

In the attachment there are also the track and tacview, the crash happens at about 7 minutes and 48 seconds

Is it normal or F18 should be able to not crash? Thank you

The_Air_Combat_Dojo_v1.625_RW_Close_Guns_Server_NT-20240415-012819.trk F18 crash.mkv Tacview-20240415-012826-DCS-Client-The_Air_Combat_Dojo_v1.625_RW_Close_Guns_Server_NT.zip.acmi

Hi since the FM update I have been the same several times, not easy to noticed with just video but easier to noticed when flying because the plane seems not following to the stick input

@BIGNEWY it seems the same bug than sent you in Discord

Best regards

2 minutes ago, Phil C6 said:

Hi since the FM update I have been the same several times, not easy to noticed with just video but easier to noticed when flying because the plane seems not following to the stick input

@BIGNEWY it seems the same bug than sent you in Discord

Best regards

I have exactly the same feeling.

Edited by maxsin72