Air to Air Interrogator menu PB9 2/4 BARS ?

Swiso

Chapter 9 of the manual:
null

image.png

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

17 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Chapter 9 of the manual:
null

image.png

You seem to be looking at an older version of the manual. Those sections are way more filled out in the most recent.

Though it doesn't seem to say much about what the bar setting does.

I'd probably guess it has to do with how tall the area the scan covers though. At least that's what most bar settings do in relation to radars.

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

older version of the manual

It's the one in the doc folder, using the latest patch - so as far as I'm concerned it's the latest official version.

The bar settings will probably get explained as soon they are implemented.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 hour ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

The bar settings will probably get explained as soon they are implemented.

I think it's already implemented.

It determines for how many radar sweeps the IFF scan is active. I always set it to 4 when I can remember. I wish there was a 6 bar setting, since that is usually the EL setting I'm running(mostly because it's the default), so that it would stay on for a full scan volume.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.

Let me understand this correctly:

Isn't the interrogation "activated" by pressing either coolie Switch left long and right long ?

I thought that the identification would "start" only after you press the coolie Switch left or right long...

I don't see why it should matter the number of bars...

9 minutes ago, Swiso said:

Isn't the interrogation "activated" by pressing either coolie Switch left long and right long ?

I thought that the identification would "start" only after you press the coolie Switch left or right long...

You can activate an auto interrogation for STT-locks only or STT- and TWS - contacts

2 hours ago, Swiso said:

It starts when you long-press coolie switch left or right but it keeps going for 2 or 4 sweeps, depending on the setting, after you start it. 

Also worth noting is that you have to change it for both EID and AAI if you want both to last longer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tenkom said:

It starts when you long-press coolie switch left or right but it keeps going for 2 or 4 sweeps, depending on the setting, after you start it. 

Also worth noting is that you have to change it for both EID and AAI if you want both to last longer.

Thanks !

I will try that.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:39 AM, Tenkom said:

It determines for how many radar sweeps the IFF scan is active. I always set it to 4 when I can remember. I wish there was a 6 bar setting, since that is usually the EL setting I'm running(mostly because it's the default), so that it would stay on for a full scan volume.

The IFF antenna has a much wider lobe than the main radar antenna. In most cases, with 2 bars, it will be enough to cover the whole radar volume and even more (it will often pick IFF returns from contacts that are either above or below the radar scan volume).

The advantage of 4 bar is more about interrogating contacts more to increase the probability of getting a return at the limit of IFF range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

The advantage of 4 bar is more about interrogating contacts more to increase the probability of getting a return at the limit of IFF range.

Thanks !

So at long distances ( above 40-60 miles?) better 4 bars then. Right ?