HAD and Steerpoint-Offset

Greetings

When iam using the HAD page to lock targets, the steerpoints get an offset. To reset the offset i have to use the tgp page to press CZ. TMS down doesnt work on the HAD page for this. I cant imagine its supposed to be done that way, or how it works in reality! Is this a known bug?

• ED Team

Hi @Maxxox

We will require a short track with what you are referring to in order to understand what is happening on your side.

Just for clarification, TMS Aft with the HAD page as SOI should undesignate a selected target.

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

3 hours ago, Lord Vader said:

Hi @Maxxox

We will require a short track with what you are referring to in order to understand what is happening on your side.

Just for clarification, TMS Aft with the HAD page as SOI should undesignate a selected target.

I think what he means is that TMS AFT while HAD is SOI and emitter unselected should reset SPI back to active STPT.

Currently when TMS AFT, while HAD is SOI, is pressed it undezignates the current designated emitter but SPI remains on the emitter location, and second TMS AFT while HAD is SOI does not return SPI to active STPT.

Which is correct since in HTS section of the Viper manual there is no mention (as far as I know) that TMS AFT will return SPI to STPT location.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Furiz:

I think what he means is that TMS AFT while HAD is SOI and emitter unselected should reset SPI back to active STPT.

Currently when TMS AFT, while HAD is SOI, is pressed it undezignates the current designated emitter but SPI remains on the emitter location, and second TMS AFT while HAD is SOI does not return SPI to active STPT.

Which is correct since in HTS section of the Viper manual there is no mention (as far as I know) that TMS AFT will return SPI to STPT location.

Thx Furiz, this is what i mean. Once you locked a target with HAD (SOI), waypoint-navigation is not possible in fact of an system offset, until you go to the TGP-page to press CZ. I cannot imagine its right this way. (?)

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, Maxxox said:

Thx Furiz, this is what i mean. Once you locked a target with HAD (SOI), waypoint-navigation is not possible in fact of an system offset, until you go to the TGP-page to press CZ. I cannot imagine its right this way. (?)

There are 3 sensors in the F-16, the FCR, TGP, and HTS, with the latter two as optional sensors of course. In a pre-planned air-to-ground sub-mode like CCRP, the steerpoint marks the target location.

• If the FCR is in GM, GMT, or SEA modes and you move the FCR crosshairs to that location, the steerpoint will be slewed too.
  • If you slew the TGP in A-G mode to a different location, the steerpoint will be slewed too.
  • If you designate a threat radar location on the HAD Attack Display, the steerpoint will be slewed too.

In any of these three instances, you must press Cursor Zero (CZ) on the FCR, TGP, or HSD pages to remove the steerpoint offset, (or as a hands-on shortcut), press TMS Aft while the TGP is SOI and the TGP is not in POINT or AREA track mode. TMS Aft is not a universal CZ command, it can only command CZ under these conditions, otherwise you must press CZ on an MFD.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

7 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

In any of these three instances, you must press Cursor Zero (CZ) on the FCR, TGP, or HSD

Did you mean HAD here?

If so, when TMS AFT is pressed while HAD is SOI and no emitter selected it will not move SPI to selected STPT location, it will stay on last designated emitter location.

I'll make a track later if needed.

Edited by Furiz

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

CZ should also be on the HSD: 

He was talking about three sensors so that's why I assumed HAD rather than HSD,

but there is no CZ on HSD or on HAD while STPT is offset, and nothing happens when HAD or HSD is SOI and TMS AFT is pressed to return SPI to selected STPT.

F-16 HSD HAD no CZ.trk

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Furiz said:

He was talking about three sensors so that's why I assumed HAD rather than HSD,

but there is no CZ on HSD or on HAD while STPT is offset, and nothing happens when HAD or HSD is SOI and TMS AFT is pressed to return SPI to selected STPT

I meant precisely what I said. There is no CZ option on the HAD.

TMS Aft is not a universal CZ command. This seems to be a misconception across many F-16 players. As I stated above, the only time CZ can be commanded with TMS Aft is if the TGP is SOI and it is not in POINT or AREA track.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

37 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

I meant precisely what I said. There is no CZ option on the HAD.

TMS Aft is not a universal CZ command. This seems to be a misconception across many F-16 players. As I stated above, the only time CZ can be commanded with TMS Aft is if the TGP is SOI and it is not in POINT or AREA track.

Ok I understand that,

what about CZ on HSD then? currently there is no CZ on HSD.

14 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

In any of these three instances, you must press Cursor Zero (CZ) on the FCR, TGP, or HSD pages to remove the steerpoint offset

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
36 minutes ago, Furiz said:

what about CZ on HSD then? currently there is no CZ on HSD.

There is. I've tested myself.

• Thanks 1

DCS Rotor-Head

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 5:38 PM, Maxxox said:

Greetings

When iam using the HAD page to lock targets, the steerpoints get an offset. To reset the offset i have to use the tgp page to press CZ. TMS down doesnt work on the HAD page for this. I cant imagine its supposed to be done that way, or how it works in reality! Is this a known bug?

I finally found out why this was doing this, and I had to CZ the HSD page to get my MP and SP.. was really pissing me off untill I got it.... I dont carry the Tpod when I SEAD 

Edited by Jeb

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals