Rotary Encoder to Adjust the Pressure Setting is Unusable

When you have a rotary encoder set to change the pressure setting (CW/CCW keybinds) it jumps in 00.05" at a time. This is unusable. I have my rotary encoder set to the lowest press time possible in the software for it (10ms). These 00.05" jumps make it impossible to set local pressure settings with hardware. I could get around this if there was also an axis assignment to for the pressure setting by changing my rotary encoder to an axis, but there isn't an axis for the altimeter setting either.

• Like 3

I agree. And I did not find a satisfactory mod. The only way it works well is with the mouse in the cockpit.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Actually I found a solution in the collection created by @Munkwolf at his GitHub site:https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds
You could add these lines directly into the "default.lua" under "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick"

-- Standby Pressure Altimeter AAU-52/A
{cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU52, pressed = aau52_commands.AAU52_ClkCmd_ZeroSetting, value_pressed = -0.01, name = _('AAU-52 Altimeter Pressure Setting Knob - CCW/Decrease (Slow)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
{cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU52, pressed = aau52_commands.AAU52_ClkCmd_ZeroSetting, value_pressed = 0.01, name = _('AAU-52 Altimeter Pressure Setting Knob - CW/Increase (Slow)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},

But that file will be restored to its original content by any update or repair.
Using the Command Injector created by @Quaggles you would have these lines in a "default.lua" under "Saved Games" and that will survive updates and repaires.
See here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270487-quaggles-dcs-input-command-injector-mod-v109-store-custom-input-commands-safely-in-saved-games-instead-of-merging-them-with-developer-changes-each-update/#comment-4651461

PS: I found these a bit slow, therefore changed the "value_pressed" parameters to -0.2/0.2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

21 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

Actually I found a solution in the collection created by @Munkwolf at his GitHub site:https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds
You could add these lines directly into the "default.lua" under "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick"

-- Standby Pressure Altimeter AAU-52/A
{cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU52, pressed = aau52_commands.AAU52_ClkCmd_ZeroSetting, value_pressed = -0.01, name = _('AAU-52 Altimeter Pressure Setting Knob - CCW/Decrease (Slow)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
{cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU52, pressed = aau52_commands.AAU52_ClkCmd_ZeroSetting, value_pressed = 0.01, name = _('AAU-52 Altimeter Pressure Setting Knob - CW/Increase (Slow)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},

But that file will be restored to its original content by any update or repair.
Using the Command Injector created by @Quaggles you would have these lines in a "default.lua" under "Saved Games" and that will survive updates and repaires.
See here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270487-quaggles-dcs-input-command-injector-mod-v109-store-custom-input-commands-safely-in-saved-games-instead-of-merging-them-with-developer-changes-each-update/#comment-4651461

PS: I found these a bit slow, therefore changed the "value_pressed" parameters to -0.2/0.2

Will this pass Integrity Check for playing online?

2 hours ago, Hawkeye91 said:

Will this pass Integrity Check for playing online?

Yes.

LeCuvier

• 1 month later...