1.04 SU27 3go mod?

Rikus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Crunch, I was thinking the same thing, lots of texture artists like to expose those rivets and joints so some skins seem a bit too detailed but unrealistic. Can be done in order to simulate weathering and wear and tear but when creating a mint condition skin those lines should be seriousely reduced! Simply put, freshly painted RL airframes are not that detailed.

BTW Same thing happens in scale modeling, too strong panels, however judges judging those models don't like it that much and grades are reduced!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like to suggest that the best looking skins have lines that are barely visible. Many skins have deep black lines and when you look at the actual Su-27, these lines are not so thick. Just a suggestion.

Thanks 3GO!

3501604399_fc1525e96f_o_d.jpg

3502428040_c8978d4201_o_d.jpg

Yeah. less visible:

001a6p5q

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

new screenshots of flanker MOD 1.5(not 1.5p:)1.5p is the one with removeble pylons)

nice screens :) :)

there will be 2 versions 1.5 ?

1 with removeable pylons, another without ?

if only one version with removeable pylons, I had a question :

do pylons appear if we add a "new" weapon in the MEinit ?

for exemple : if I add the Mig29's R77 to the Su27 pylons 2, 3, 8 and 9, i will have pylon ?

nice screens :) :)

there will be 2 versions 1.5 ?

1 with removeable pylons, another without ?

if only one version with removeable pylons, I had a question :

do pylons appear if we add a "new" weapon in the MEinit ?

for exemple : if I add the Mig29's R77 to the Su27 pylons 2, 3, 8 and 9, i will have pylon ?

The pylon will not appear when you try to do this.

ok :cry:

(you confirm what i was thinking :()

but you did not answered my first question :P

2 differents mods v1.5 ? (1 with "static" pylons, other one "p" ?) or only the 1.5p ?

(and my old PM is still without answer too :music_whistling: :smartass:)

have a nice day/night :D

Yes it will SkieRider - at least if done in the right way ;) .

In Lock-on FC there are two R-77 entries in the meinit - one without rack, which is used e.g. for the MiG-29S and another R-77+APU-170 rack combo, which is used for the Su-25TM.

So he just needs to use the CLSID for the latter entry.

The only slight problem is that Lock-on's stock APU-170 rack obviously doesn't have the Su-27's adapter blocks attached to it, so the missile/rack combo will "sit" a little closer to the attachement surface(e.g. wing).

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Slight correction..

...The only slight problem is that Lock-on's stock APU-170 rack obviously doesn't have the Su-27's adapter blocks attached to it, so the missile/rack combo will "sit" a little closer to the attachement surface(e.g. wing).

Actually it will hang in the air at the distance from attachment surface otherwise filled by the adapter block....see attached screenie :) .

JJ

...but...wait a sec...what's that R-77 doing on a Su-27S anyway?!

Well its obviously not a realistic proposition and its not part of the pylon mod I made for 3GO :) .

Cpt Stark asked if its possible to mod it in and have a pylon for it. I just added it(2 minute job), because I was unsure how the stock R-77/rack combo would sit on the aircraft with the pylon adjustments I made for the new R-27/rack combos.....and as you can see from the screenie I posted, it doesn't look quite right :) .

• Like 1

JJ

oh yeah

dont search in my question any realism :lol:

if I want to put a Maverick or a GBU under the Su27, i make it (and i already made it :D)

so, I understand that with the 1.5p version, it will be impossible 'cause pylons won't be visible

but, will there be a version with "static" pylons ?

(a version that permits "all" unrealistic payload possibilities ? :pilotfly:)

I'll tell you flying the Su27 with out AFM instead of this awefull FM is what is the most turn off on realism.. i can't even take it for a ride anymore it just way too bad..

This SU27 is a good looking 3D model.. great work

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..