Jester and Countermeasures

Hi sorry for a stupid question, if i am engaged , will jester fire expendables (chaff and flare) without my intervention or do i have to command him to dispense (if so how) ? or am i just making sure the dispense mode is correct and pressing the DLC ??

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You can do either. There are some options on the Jester wheel to turn them over to him, and what he will do. I usually do it myself, and I have heard from others that Jester tends to be a little too paranoid when it comes to their use, YMMV.

(With VAICOM, try "countermeasures, auto" for Jester to take them over).

You can look at the additional screenshots for use with VAICOM here, there's one that shows all the Jester options too: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3327935/

PS, your sig says "VIACOM", it's "VAICOM", but I won't take any marks off... this time. 😂

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

35 minutes ago, Despayre said:

You can do either. There are some options on the Jester wheel to turn them over to him, and what he will do. I usually do it myself, and I have heard from others that Jester tends to be a little too paranoid when it comes to their use, YMMV.

(With VAICOM, try "countermeasures, auto" for Jester to take them over).

You can look at the additional screenshots for use with VAICOM here, there's one that shows all the Jester options too: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3327935/

PS, your sig says "VIACOM", it's "VAICOM", but I won't take any marks off... this time. 😂

thanks! and corrected dyslexia and i couldn't spot one of my own spelling mistakes if it was throttling me 🤣 corrected ... thanks that's what exactly i was looking for!!! 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 3/16/2024 at 4:10 PM, speed-of-heat said:

will jester fire expendables (chaff and flare) without my intervention or do i have to command him to dispense (if so how) ? or am i just making sure the dispense mode is correct and pressing the DLC ??

Yes, by default he manages the chaff for any SARH/ARH missile deemed a threat, while you manage the flares. You can change the behavior in Jester menu > Crew contract > CMS.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 3/16/2024 at 10:10 AM, speed-of-heat said:

Hi sorry for a stupid question, if i am engaged , will jester fire expendables (chaff and flare) without my intervention or do i have to command him to dispense (if so how) ? or am i just making sure the dispense mode is correct and pressing the DLC ??

The RIO position has the ability to use both chaff and flares or any combination of the two. The pilot has the ability to use chaff OR flares depending on the position of that switch in the RIO pit. 

In my experience, if Jester detects a missile, and there is an RWR warning, he chaffs. If Jester detects a missile, and there is no RWR warning, he flares. Simple as. 

• Like 1