New FM, pitch oscillations on supersonic speed

Subject.
I do not have any real data, but these oscillations look and feel weird when doing a basic crank maneuver. Oscillations are less violent when you are slower. 

Added: on 0.9M it feels nice and smooth. I think the current FCS implementation can't keep up on 1.4+. Have added second track with full stick deflection.

F-18-oscillations.trk

F-18-oscillations2.trk

Edited by Blackfyre
  • Thanks 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

At supersonic speeds, the plane feels almost dangerous to handle since pulling over 10gs without touching the paddle switch happens very fast.

Here is a track where I do maneuvers at medium A/C weight and then at very light A/C weight. With some fuel and stores onboard and at supersonic speeds, the plane exceeds the G limit of 6.6 by ~4g with smooth aft stick.

With very light weight, the exceedance over the limit is almost ~3gs with smooth aft stick and ~6g with oscillations . The controls indicator is shown in the track.

Max G pulled at supersonic speed was 13.2g. I am aware that it is easy to go past the limiter, and that is completely understandable. This is IMO just too much. It takes the FCS around 1 to 2 seconds to catch up with the new state of the A/C and only after that can I pull full aft stick without having to worry about structural damage.

overG.trk

• ED Team

I will ask the team, but we will need to see evidence that it is incorrect. 

thank you 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2