AA missiles hitting but not destroying Aircraft.

Not sure if the is a bug or problems with some mod aircraft

I was testing a J-35a MOD for the first time and noticed that when hit by AA missiles fired by an ai aircraft sometimes the J-35A, also ai, would take no damage after a missile hit and sometimes the plane work be destroyed. Also sometimes the planes looked ok (no damage) but the pilot would eject.

I thought this was just a problem with the new mod BUT, I encountered the same this with an older MOD aircraft that has never done anything like that before. 

Just curious is anyone else seeing this with any stock of mod aircraft after the 2.9 update?

Hmmm so I guess no one else is seeing this. 🤷‍♂️. Great for the game but sucks for me😂.

I must have some strange Mod conflict going on but I've never seen a issue like this before.

2 minutes ago, Beldin said:

Hmmm so I guess no one else is seeing this. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't knew that there was a J-35 mod available, can you please post a link to it? ... I'd try it and report back if I encountered the same issue 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I didn't knew that there was a J-35 mod available, can you please post a link to it? ... I'd try it and report back if I encountered the same issue

So this is the MOD where I 1st saw the problem. BUT it does not seemed to be only this MOD. I removed the J-35A thinking it had issues as it's new and a WIP, but then the same thing happen with another mod so I'm a bit confused. But thanks for looking into it if you can. 

16 minutes ago, Beldin said:

So this is the MOD where I 1st saw the problem.

Ahh, for some reason I thought that you were referring to the Saab J-35 Draken, my mistake ☺️

RJjQBB1.jpg

I will test your J35 anyway, just to check how it works on my DCS 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks.. Now I need to find that Draken. 😂. that was always a favorite of mine, not sure why I haven't looked for one already.

A for the problem it seems to happen more so when the missile hits from the top of the aircraft. Hits from other directions will destroy the plane. I've also seen hit were the plane seems to take no damage but the pilot will still eject.

Does this happen with modded airplanes only? 

Does that aircraft have a proper damage model with all decals and stuff? (check in model viewer) 

What AA missile are we talking about? Vanilla or modded? 

Have you perhaps already considered to uninstall all mods and running a repair? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beldin said:

Now I need to find that Draken. 😂

I understand that it is still in development, here is the developer’s Discord

https://discord.gg/uyssAfKd6D

meanwhile you can try their prior Mod: the Saab Sk60 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

Does this happen with modded airplanes only? 

Does that aircraft have a proper damage model with all decals and stuff? (check in model viewer) 

What AA missile are we talking about? Vanilla or modded? 

Have you perhaps already considered to uninstall all mods and running a repair? 

I think it's only modded aircraft I just noticed it when trying a new mod. I assumed it was a issue with that mod so I removed it. But then I saw it happen with another mod that was working fine, at least as far as getting blown up was concerned. What strange is that it's intermittent as sometime the plane blows up just fine. And gun hits seem to always kill it. But I know the 2.9 update caused some issues  with Mods so I was just curious if anyone else was seeing this. before I remove everything and try a rebuild.

Also it might only be radar missile that do not (sometime) destroy the. And you see the "non lethal" hit in both external view and on the F-10 map