Cant the Landing Gears be locked when the jet is on the ground?

Weight on wheels or whatever technical mumbo jumbo
..although i'm willing to be corrected if this is how the aircraft is in real life 💀☠️

It's annoying when accidentally pressing the G keybind on the keyboard, the Flanker's gears retract.. messing up an otherwise good flight that you just did...

Screen_240326_230327.png

Edited by pauldy
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, pauldy said:

when accidentally pressing the G keybind

How is that anyone's fault? You can also "accidentally" fire a weapon vs a friendly, open a canopy doing 2M, drive into other aircraft/vehicle or on the grass... you know, like all the things you should aviod.

Having said that, I also would like to know. It might be one of those things that no sane pilot would try. I also cannot find anything in the manual. Just noted that you cannot do that in F-15C but you can in other russian FC3 ac.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Posted (edited)

i only have few modules F-15C, Su-27 & F-15E
ofc it doesn't happen in both F-15C-model & E (only a gear warning tone and that the nozzles position change drastically)..
happens in the free Su-25T & TF-51.. 

So yeah.. i'll just take this as skill issue on my part.
I was under the impression the most modern aircraft would have some safety mechanisms implemented to prevent gear retraction on the ground, like weight-on-wheels mode something that inhibits gear retraction commands, etc, etc..

Edited by pauldy
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

34 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I mean...
the Su-27 is not a modern aircraft really. It is almost 40 years old.
from what I have found, the gear actually doesnt have a safety like that.

Its hard to believe, when even the MiG-21 has a safety lock, that the design wouldn't have any sort of safety system, if not mechanical, then electrical. And that this decision would be applied to ALL red aircraft as if out of a sudden the soviets decided that accidental landing gear retractions weren't a problem anymore.

Anyway, this is now on my list of "FC3 weird stuff that are probably an oversight from ED" to check if they will make it different for the 29 FF.

Edited by Skuva
  • Like 1

My 2c would be that these soviet aircraft have a WOWs sensor to prevent accidental retraction.  My father flew Lightnings and Vampires in the 60s for the RAF and said you couldn't retract the gear on the ground...

3 hours ago, buceador said:

My 2c would be that these soviet aircraft have a WOWs sensor to prevent accidental retraction.  My father flew Lightnings and Vampires in the 60s for the RAF and said you couldn't retract the gear on the ground...

You would be surprised how many late Soviet aircraft don’t have WOW switches. It seems to have been a very western thin g at that time. 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Its hard to believe, when even the MiG-21 has a safety lock, that the design wouldn't have any sort of safety system, if not mechanical, then electrical. And that this decision would be applied to ALL red aircraft as if out of a sudden the soviets decided that accidental landing gear retractions weren't a problem anymore.
Anyway, this is now on my list of "FC3 weird stuff that are probably an oversight from ED" to check if they will make it different for the 29 FF.
Well! For us occidentals, quite a few Soviet things are hard to believe, believe it or not.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 4:08 PM, pauldy said:

Weight on wheels or whatever technical mumbo jumbo
..although i'm willing to be corrected if this is how the aircraft is in real life 

It is. The Su-27 and MiG-29 do not have a WoW lock for the landing gear and its not because the aircraft are old and crude, - it was a deliberate design decision. 

Besides, in the real aircraft, the gear handle is locked in the up and down position and you need to pull the handle out to release the lock before you can move it up or down. So you cannot raise the landing gear on the ground simply by accidently striking the handle with your hand. 

• Like 4