F16 Datalink Broken

Hi,

Pretty much every flight we have done in our squadron lately, we have been unable to rely on datalink. We know you have to wait to turn on MIDS LVT until after GPS SYSTEM TIME is visible on the TIME page, and we do exactly that. It usually works in the beginning of the flight, but every time at some point in the flight we will suddenly lose each other on the HSD without anyone doing anything. I cannot provide a track file as we fly together in multiplayer, but this issue has been happening very consistently and always seems to happen somewhere around 30 min - 1 hr after takeoff.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, @Lennard

We are sorry you are having issues with DLINK in DCS. From your words, you seem to be doing the right procedure by waiting for the "GPS" flag in the TIME DED page, about one minute after GPS initialization. 

However, we do need to see what's happening during the time you experience this, and a track is the only way to observe it. 

Multiplayer tracks are automatically recorded on your "Saved Games/DCS/Tracks/Multiplayer" folder. See if you can get one, short if possible.

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 8:51 AM, Lennard said:

Hi,

Pretty much every flight we have done in our squadron lately, we have been unable to rely on datalink. We know you have to wait to turn on MIDS LVT until after GPS SYSTEM TIME is visible on the TIME page, and we do exactly that. It usually works in the beginning of the flight, but every time at some point in the flight we will suddenly lose each other on the HSD without anyone doing anything. I cannot provide a track file as we fly together in multiplayer, but this issue has been happening very consistently and always seems to happen somewhere around 30 min - 1 hr after takeoff.

You have to go into the DED and turn the DL off and back on, sometimes it takes multiple times, but it does fix it and get's it going.
It was driving me crazy.
I found this video to be helpful.

@Lord Vader I believe this is what he might be talking about but not sure.
The same issue happens to me as well, on a cold start, though I always use strd heading. alignment.
But even following the correct procedures I have to do what is done in the video to get the DL to actually show up in the HSD

Edited by Shibiswag

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2024 at 11:28 PM, Furiz said:

@Shibiswag Hey, this video is 3 months old, there has been updates. Post a short track of the issue happening now.

I'm aware of the fact that it's 3 months old. 
I'm aware there have been updates.
There's no need to post a track as that same issue is still happening at least to me where from a cold start I have to turn the data link off then back on in the DED to get anything to show up on the HSD.
I always run a repair and clean after every update, even for testing I installed and additional copy of DCS to a separate drive and it happens on that one as well.
So, there's no misconfiguration or any game file issue as the bug is prevalent in both.