Adjusting the pilots head position to see switches concealed by the stick / chute buttons?

3 minutes ago, Stu 657 said:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 111855.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 111855.png

Is there any way to tilt the pilot's view to enable sight of the radio frequency knob and also the buttons in front of the stick? I've tried all of the number pad controls and the top hat I'm using to move the view around the cockpit.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:01 PM, Lord Vader said:

Hey @Stu 657

Have you tried the mouse middle button to move the pilot POV?

Can you elaborate? Which command is that?
My mouse has a scroll wheek in the middle. I can depress that, but I don't see how that changes the pilot Point Of View.
I use TrackIR and I have to make the strangest contortions to see the 10s of the TACAN channel, let alone select the channel.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

3 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

Can you elaborate? Which command is that?
My mouse has a scroll wheek in the middle. I can depress that, but I don't see how that changes the pilot Point Of View.
I use TrackIR and I have to make the strangest contortions to see the 10s of the TACAN channel, let alone select the channel.

You should adjust your TrackIR curves (outside of DCS) so that you not only tilt and rotate your view, but also can move lateral. Once TrackIR is set up properly, there is no need to adjust anything in DCS beyond the initial head position and zoom.

TrackIR allows for 6DOF and once it is setup it should work equally well in all modules without further adjustments (apart from the inital/reset head position zoom)

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team

@LeCuvier

Pressing the middle mouse button twice allows the mouse itself to move the camera position and even zoom in/out using the wheel. It's an alternative to using the movement keys.

But if you are using TrackIR you can't really use this feature as the POV is slaved to that device. 

• Like 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

On 3/29/2024 at 6:52 AM, Stu 657 said:

Is there any way to tilt the pilot's view to enable sight of the radio frequency knob and also the buttons in front of the stick? I've tried all of the number pad controls and the top hat I'm using to move the view around the cockpit.

IIRC, the bindings are in Settings->Adjust Controls->A-10CII->Cockpit Views and are something like "Move Camera Foreword/Left/Right/Aft/Up/Down".  I believe the default key commands are RCtrl-RShift+Numpad (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1