Cargo hooking not picking up cargo. Broken since 2.9.4.53549

Shadey

Cargo hooking not picking up cargo. Broken since 2.9.4.53549

Tested on two different servers with multiple players. Worked fine on previous version on both servers. Mission rewrite did not solve the issue either.

No matter how long you hover over the cargo with cargo hook enabled the rope doesn't attach.

SHADOW_UH-1_GameTime-20240410-211541.trk

Edited by Shadey
  • Like 1

• ED Team

team have reproduced the issue and it has been reported 

thank you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/12/2024 at 4:11 AM, Gaudin77 said:

Yes, the problem exists in multiplayer only, after hovering over the cargo and releasing the hook, the rope shoots of the airframe at a very strange angle 🙂  

Screen_240411_200548.png

No, it's broken in single player too.  I was laying the Worlds Apart Campaign, and in mission 2 after the first cargo drop off.  When i tried to pick up the next load from across the river i could not get it to connect and had this image the sling shooting off like this.  The direction made me this it was trying to connect to the loads back in Batumi Harbor. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Flappie said:

This should be fixed with today's hotfix.

I've just tested the hot fix with a couple of friends and we can only hook the first cargo, after it has been unhooked we are then unable to select a new cargo and only have the option to "cancel the selected cargo" in the Comms menu. This is the only option given after the first cargo is unhooked and will not clear from the menu to enable selection of a new cargo.

UH-1 GameTime_V1.1-20240415-202137.trk

Edited by Shadey
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
12 hours ago, Shadey said:

I've just tested the hot fix with a couple of friends and we can only hook the first cargo, after it has been unhooked we are then unable to select a new cargo and only have the option to "cancel the selected cargo" in the Comms menu. This is the only option given after the first cargo is unhooked and will not clear from the menu to enable selection of a new cargo.

UH-1 GameTime_V1.1-20240415-202137.trk 2.74 MB · 2 downloads

this has been reported

thank you 

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have experienced it somewhat differently on the ROTOROPS server, namely that the rope appears normal again and the first load can be hooked in and transported, but after setting down the undamaged load it is impossible to pick up the same load again and when picking up another load the strangest things happen after it has been hooked in.

• Like 1

In SP  in a custom mission I could not release my Huey Cargo last night after the update. I then discovered my Stick setup was not selected for the Huey so I had no Cargo release. The odd thing is all my other Virpil gear Collective, switch button box #1 were still loaded. With this I reloaded each one again and it worked fine. With one new BUG the Virpil Switch box #1 dial Axis I set for the Collective Throttle for the Huey (My Virpil collective is no throttle version) no longer will move the In game Throttle. It is set in DCS control axis and is seen and works but it will not work in game any more.