Electrical systems on the Hind

Hopefully a quick question, are the electrical systems on the Hind now complete?

I was pottering about in one, and couldn't help but notice that most of the voltmeters to the left of the DC power selector (the big knob thing that can be rotated) were reading zero.

Is that correct? 

I've taken a scan at some online videos and Chucks guide, couldn't see anything suggesting that I'd missed anything from my cold start procedure.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

7 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Hopefully a quick question, are the electrical systems on the Hind now complete?

I was pottering about in one, and couldn't help but notice that most of the voltmeters to the left of the DC power selector (the big knob thing that can be rotated) were reading zero.

Is that correct? 

I've taken a scan at some online videos and Chucks guide, couldn't see anything suggesting that I'd missed anything from my cold start procedure.

All the volt and amp meters show correctly. In the Cold War air museum manual it tells you normal readings for each gauge. The two far on the left bottom are for generator, they only show low voltage readings anyways. The two top left are for battery amps, and only show when battery is on and also very low readings.

The two top middle are APU Gen (which is very rarely on so normally shows zero), and the DC voltage, which only shows if you select it to be displayed on the selector below. Below that you have AC Gen volts, which only shows if generators work. Then your ammeter right of that is for anti ice. So very often most will show no or very low readings.

Source from the wonderful chucks guide….. 

IMG_6425.png

• Like 4

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

The most glorious electrical systems ever simulated in a simulated cockpit. Sorry for not being able to answer your question I don´t have access to a real Hind, but a very interesting topic to read going very into technical details. Just like I like it!

On 4/13/2024 at 1:15 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

Is that correct? 

I still have the same issue. It appears to be a issue with the divider for each step of the knob.

See this 2021 post.

58 minutes ago, Quati said:

I still have the same issue. It appears to be a issue with the divider for each step of the knob.

See this 2021 post.

Both knobs only change what is displayed in the gauge above them. Is that what you mean? Seems OP is wondering about gauged to the left (forward?)? 

From Cold War museum manual:

AC generator: 111-138 amps 

203-204 V under no load 

115 VAC: 112-118 volts

Rectifiers: 24-30 V

Battery: 21-28 amps 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

On 4/30/2024 at 5:53 PM, AeriaGloria said:

Both knobs only change what is displayed in the gauge above them. Is that what you mean? Seems OP is wondering about gauged to the left (forward?)? 

From Cold War museum manual:

AC generator: 111-138 amps 

203-204 V under no load 

115 VAC: 112-118 volts

Rectifiers: 24-30 V

Battery: 21-28 amps 

You're right. My mistake.

I though it was the issue were the Voltmeter Knob did not corresponded to the label (i.e. AC Generator Voltmeter Knob over Generator Right C-A and reads 115V and when over 115V reads 0V). I checked and is correct now.

But I found something strange now. When the DC Bus Voltmeter Knob is on APU Gen it reads 27V even with the APU GEN Switch turned off.

On 5/3/2024 at 1:01 PM, Quati said:

You're right. My mistake.

I though it was the issue were the Voltmeter Knob did not corresponded to the label (i.e. AC Generator Voltmeter Knob over Generator Right C-A and reads 115V and when over 115V reads 0V). I checked and is correct now.

But I found something strange now. When the DC Bus Voltmeter Knob is on APU Gen it reads 27V even with the APU GEN Switch turned off.

Interesting, I wonder if it would change with ground power