Stuttering in F14

Hello!

I have no performance problems with any aircraft with my current DCS settings. But the Tomcat is constantly micro-stuttering.

See my PC Specs in the signature... I think it is capable enough. Is there any setting or a way to fix this? Mirrors off for example did nothing.

Thank you!

EDIT for the Moderators: I wanted to post this in the Bugs section, please move this topic if possible, thank you!

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

On 4/17/2024 at 7:47 PM, Rhinozherous said:

See my PC Specs in the signature... I think it is capable enough.

Depends a lot on the settings, map, mission, time and place. Hit the "low" profile and check again. Use task manager to check RAM and VRAM state during a game. Use built in fps counter to check what is working harder - CPU/GPU?

Using DCS MT? Already tried core unparking thing?

On 4/17/2024 at 7:47 PM, Rhinozherous said:

I have no performance problems with any aircraft with my current DCS settings.

No problems in AH-64D or F-15E?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I recently had some Stuttering / Laging Issues after the latest bigger Patch (not the two smaller afterwards). I just deleted all the Caches and that helped. I haven't had to do that for a while but now I had to do it.

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

3 hours ago, TMP95 said:

How do we delete cache in dcs

Delete the folders:

• \Saved Games\DCS\metashaders2
  • \Saved Games\DCS\fxo
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

17 hours ago, draconus said:

Delete the folders:

• \Saved Games\DCS\fxo

This has helped me. 

Its difficult to find the folders, but you can find a command you can type in the address line in the top of file Explorer that will lead you directly to the saved games folder.

7 hours ago, Rhrich said:

Its difficult to find the folders...

Yeah, it assumes some basic gamer level knowledge of Windows 😉

"Saved games" is normally placed in user profile, which can be found in system_drive:\\users\user_name\ or just type %userprofile% in windows seearch and get to the folder from there. It can be moved to other place though (by using folder properties\location) and is also named differently in other than EN language Windows versions.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 6:45 AM, draconus said:

Delete the folders:

• \Saved Games\DCS\fxo

This actually makes a difference and therefore I just don’t understand why it doesn’t just clear the files every time the game launches 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Because it is a cache. As long as there are any major Changes (e.g. new GPU Driver) you should be fine and having working caches reduces the loading times as they don't need to get built.

There are games that detect new Drivers and clear and build the cache if there are new drivers (e.g. Horizon Zero Down does this). Or you could make a checkbox in the menue to clear the caches if the user wants it. But then again such boxes trigger myths about special tuning settings.

And there are more reasons for hickups that aren't related to caches. Unfortunately it isn't that easy. It even can come down to your PC configuration. Gaming on PCs is still a thing that needs an inner Nerd. 😀

Edited by FR4GGL3

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

On 4/24/2024 at 9:18 AM, draconus said:

Yeah, it assumes some basic gamer level knowledge of Windows 😉

"Saved games" is normally placed in user profile, which can be found in system_drive:\\users\user_name\ or just type %userprofile% in windows seearch and get to the folder from there. It can be moved to other place though (by using folder properties\location) and is also named differently in other than EN language Windows versions.

Thank you. And yes, I've noticed. I have no computer skill whatsoever. I bought a PC and VR glasses on recommendation from a young lad, and this game it's the only thing I use it for. (I've tried the windows simulator, but I can't get it to look decent).