Can DCS stop prompting me to install the original A-10c & Ka-50 modules?

Snacko

Like the Title says...

I have the A-10c II, and the Ka-50 III, and so I don't have the previous versions installed to save on space on my drive.  Is there any way to get the Module Manager to stop prompting me to install them every time it opens??

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

That‘s weird. Mine doesn’t do that, despite having the same modules and upgrades. I can’t remember to have done anything special…..

Have you tried a (slow) repair with the option to get rid off extra files?

Maybe delete the mod folders for the legacy versions by hand….

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

An option to remove the auto prompt for installation of 'not installed' modules when opening the Module manager would be good. Agree.

Also a tab for owned modules and their respective status of 'installed' or 'not installed'.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hiob said:

That‘s weird. Mine doesn’t do that, despite having the same modules and upgrades. I can’t remember to have done anything special…..

Have you tried a (slow) repair with the option to get rid off extra files?

Maybe delete the mod folders for the legacy versions by hand….

Good Idea, I will try both of those ideas..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Like the Title says...
I have the A-10c II, and the Ka-50 III, and so I don't have the previous versions installed to save on space on my drive.  Is there any way to get the Module Manager to stop prompting me to install them every time it opens??
Isn't there a slider for disabling modules? I might remember wrong though.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, schurem said:

Deleting their folders from /DCS/Mods/Aircraft and /user files/me/DCS/ did the trick for me.

👍

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Isn't there a slider for disabling modules? I might remember wrong though.

He is asking about the auto prompt window that appear when you open module manager in DCS main menu when you don't have a module installed.

He is asking about the auto prompt window that appear when you open module manager in DCS main menu when you don't have a module installed.
Yes, I know. Drove me nuts, while I fixed it somehow. I'll test when I get home.

I looked for the aircraft folders in the install/dcs world openbeta/mods/aircrafts; and also in the saved games folder.  I only found the A10a in all of that.  And deleted the folder, but it's still prompting me to install the A10a and the Gazelle.

3 hours ago, Snacko said:

I looked for the aircraft folders in the install/dcs world openbeta/mods/aircrafts; and also in the saved games folder.  I only found the A10a in all of that.  And deleted the folder, but it's still prompting me to install the A10a and the Gazelle.

That's....not the way to do it. Module manager will always prompt you to install bought modules that are not found in the DCS installation. It is not a file that will trigger it, is the absence of the module itself.

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, I know. Drove me nuts, while I fixed it somehow. I'll test when I get home.

Those sliders are only for found modules in your DCS installation. They don't cover not installed modules while those are the source of the prompts.

If it is not that, let us know how you fixed besides installing all the modules, for real. Appreciated. 🙏

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 8:24 PM, Czar66 said:

An option to remove the auto prompt for installation of 'not installed' modules when opening the Module manager would be good. Agree.

Also a tab for owned modules and their respective status of 'installed' or 'not installed'.

oh yes! getting the su-33 that came with SC prompted every time...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Czar66 said:

That's....not the way to do it. Module manager will always prompt you to install bought modules that are not found in the DCS installation. It is not a file that will trigger it, is the absence of the module itself.

It does seem to work that way.  But Hiob, schurem, & MAXsenna seem to have found a way around that.  Would love to know the trick..

I don't know if it works for FC or other modules, but deleting the files from /mods and /user files made the pop up for the superceded versions of A-10C and Blackshark go away.

• Like 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL