PROBLEMS SINCE UPDATE - F86F Sabre

Not sure what's happened as of the latest update.... the F86F Sabre sounds have reverted to the DCS World default sounds. 
@Flappie @BIGNEWY Can this be looked into?

Also, the performance of the aircraft seems to have changed.  Acceleration seems to be stronger and you can now cruise around at like 73% power doing 300kts!

MVP | Community Founder
Email: 
muggavirtualpilot@gmail.com

mvp-signature-image.png

Discord:  https://discord.gg/brSBc9BWaZ  |  Twitch:  www.twitch.tv/muggavirtualpilot  |  Facebook:  www.facebook.com/muggavirtualpilot

20 hours ago, [MVP] Mugga said:

Also, the performance of the aircraft seems to have changed.  Acceleration seems to be stronger and you can now cruise around at like 73% power doing 300kts!

I dont think this is a bad thing.  I always thought the DCS f86 was underpowered.  Always had a hard time catching up to the MIG-15s. 

I'm not aware of any change in the engine. If you have some good source material about what is expected from our F-86F engine, I can ask devs to take a look.

The sound issue was brought up here, I'll check and report it:

---

On 7/15/2024 at 5:52 PM, Flappie said:

The sound issue was brought up here, I'll check and report it:

Thank you. The linked thread focuses on armament sounds, but have you reported engine ones as well? Both internal and external ones have been replaced with some placeholder ones (at least I hope that's the case!), with out-of-balance volumes (internal ones are very quiet even without "hear like in helmet" option). 

I do not own FC2024 version so cannot compare it to FF one.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

14 hours ago, Art-J said:

I do not own FC2024 version so cannot compare it to FF one.

Just checked, and yes, there's a big difference. I edited the internal report. Thanks!

image.png

Edited by Flappie

---

On 7/13/2024 at 5:59 PM, [MVP] Mugga said:

Not sure what's happened as of the latest update.... the F86F Sabre sounds have reverted to the DCS World default sounds. 
@Flappie @BIGNEWY Can this be looked into?

Actually love the sounds. Probably not accurate but cool. I don’t notice much in a power difference but would welcome a bit more as I also found the Sabre to be a bit underpowered. Either way I love flying that plane and coming from my beloved P51 it is the perfect plane to transition to jets. 

• Like 1

Sound issues were reported internally. They will get fixed.

This thread does not have the "reported" tag because Mugga described several two different issues, sounds and engine performance, and I don't have enough info at this point to tell whether what Mugga witnessed with the engine is incorrect or not.

---

It's the same with the WWII birds too, and not just sound. They need to have people functionally check, that planes are not broken with each update. In their rush to please the masses, they get the opposite effect for the problems it always causes. Have volunteers at the Alpha level functionally check mechanicals are not broken on the aircraft assigned to them. That way our go-to rides are not broken, because of poor timetables. Once we go to "one public release", they will have to do this at the new beta level. before we ever see it.

I get the sneaky suspicion they have no G.A.S. in the DCS tank for stuff that's not the hot ticket at the time. BOHICA

JMTCW

Edited by _Hoss
  • Like 1

Sempre Fortis

• 2 weeks later...

Nosewheel steering feels very sensitive, wasnt like this before the recent update.

I've had to resort to using differential breaking to stear on the ground.

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png