LRM 2.0 Released!

RvEYoda

Yeah, if you launch override an ET from 30km you won't notice the engine smoke (unless you are against 1 guy and you zoom in into HUD which some people do) and you get no warning... this is what makes it deadly.

No longer active in DCS...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way you look at it, to stop maddoging in a realistic way might be just impossible. Trying to fix the fact that the 120 and other missiles in LO have about a 180 degree seeker by disallowing maddoging it is not realistic when in RL they can be maddogged. I think the core issue has to be fixed or there is no other way realistically around it, but hey, I would have never thought the stuff in LRM was possible in the first place.

IMO it's a similar situation with the 27ET. Unless you can stop the missile from coming off the rails realistically before the seeker acquires then anything else is just a work around with the end result of having your avionics not work like they should. Not quite as bad as the 120 problem however, if you just consider the fix as a punishment for trying to maddog a 27ET in the first place when it's not possible in RL. A matter of opinion I guess, and as mentioned before, like all LRM options, when Yoda finalizes his new maddog options in LRM they can be turned on or off.

What Kuky said, Frostie. Also people 99% of the time get some kind of warning when a 120 or ARH missile is inbound, with the ET you don't get anything. <-----that's a big reason why the ET is deadly.

Warning or not, an ARH in the face will still screw up your engagement. If you're chasing a guys and you suddenly get a ARH from no where (it found you from off angel or similar), you must defend in one way or another. So you're advantage on the bandit might suddenly turn into a disadvantage, just because the guy fired an ARH in panic before going defensive.

ETs have the same effect, just that you have to expect the guy to fire. IMO, both types must be "fixed".

And BTW, ETs from 30km rarely hit. ;)

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

There's also the issue of Aim120 at least should show some minor smoke, or

at least from the videos I've seen it did.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

AMRAAM always gives a grey smoke trail, and at some altitudes it turns thikker and whiter.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

can't say ET's have more PK or most kills because they are caried by 3 types of aircraft as ET's can be caried 2 per aircraft...120's are 8 per aircraft. I just hope someone finds a way to disable maddoging.

Amount of aircraft firing ET has nothing to do with PK.

ET's kill more per shot period.

If you carry an ET and fire it only with Launch Authorisation then the chances of it hitting its target are greater than anything else in the game, mainly because there is no warning, and good parameters have been met to make the shot with Launch Authorised.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

^^^

True, reason I said this is because I had a feeling someone mentioned ET's have most kills because more that 1 aircraft type can cary them... implying more people in server are flying aircraft with ET's.

No longer active in DCS...

Great news

I just spoke to a Su-27 Pilot, and he wants to help out

with LRM to make it better. :)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

2.3 will soon be released

• There are no new LRM features that affect gameplay.
  • 2.3 introduces new script design to improve performance
    and make further development easier
  • Su27 automatic Airbrake script changed to 950 kph indicated
    instead of mach1. Source is our friendly Su-27 Pilot :)
  • Support for Strobe lights mod

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Must be a bug, thanks for reporting.

Will look into it

Bug source found

Thanks Frostie. Will have it fixed in 2.3

Bug reproduced and fix included in 2.3.

Will have a release version up tomorrow!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

2.3 will soon be released, will include:

• There are no new LRM features that affect gameplay.
  • Fix an issue where payload control stops working
  • Fix an issue where missiles are deselected when changing modes
  • Gun mod not working fixed

Vekkinho that's at this point a somewhat experimental script.

We know from F-15 -1 flight manual manual that the flaps cannot be down at more than

3.0g and not above 250 kts. We also know the airbrake automatically

goes in above a certain angle of attack.

The su27 has a limitation on the air brake of 950 km/h.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Nice Yoda, is this Su-27 pilot a retired pilot or currently serving?

Have you asked him how long it takes to do a start up, and also about his opinion on the target step and LBST (long range boresight) as im sure he will have some understanding of systems and whether the way this is implemented on our F-15 seems right?

Also one thing about ECM if you could clear up for me, with the random ranges it produces when locked could this be interpreted to a high and low value to determine the mean value, in effect giving you the actual range?

If someone doesn't know that the missile is inbound, of course it's gonna have a better PK. ARH always gives some type of warnings and heaters NEVER give a warning.

I think we've already mentioned that obvious fact.:)

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Nice Yoda, is this Su-27 pilot a retired pilot or currently serving?

Have you asked him how long it takes to do a start up, and also about his opinion on the target step and LBST (long range boresight) as im sure he will have some understanding of systems and whether the way this is implemented on our F-15 seems right?

Also one thing about ECM if you could clear up for me, with the random ranges it produces when locked could this be interpreted to a high and low value to determine the mean value, in effect giving you the actual range?

I think we've already mentioned that obvious fact.:)

As I understand it he is retired(if I said anything else before I was wrong).

Target step for F-15 we can get info from F-15 avionics people, and F-15 pilots.

No need to ask the su27 pilot about F-15 avionics this time;)

I am also going to work with striker on step and see if he can give us any more details

to make it as realistic as possible when he has time.

Just recieved some cool information from the flanker pilot. Very nice, will work on it for 2.4.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

2.3 Released, updates :

• There are no new LRM features that affect gameplay, only tweaks for those existing.
  • Fix an issue where payload control stops working
  • Fix an issue where missiles are deselected when changing modes
  • Gun mod not working fixed
  • More realistic LBST (Long Range Bore Sight)
    (there are some small graphical things we cannot produce, like HUD symbology, but the rest
    works really nice now :))

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

I can talk to a few pilots also, I know A-10, F-16 and F-15 pilots. But they are limited on what they can tell me. One thing they have said is that the 120 in lock on is a joke.

Yeah if we had access to missile physics programming in lockon we could have remade the missiles also.

Unfortunately we dont =(. It's quite frustrating having access to real world physics data, but we cannot

put in in the game =/.

What things could be interesting would be G/speed/aoa/etc limits for

air brakes, wheel brakes, flaps, Gear.

Also if you could get some details on the eagle's target step capability

(this feature is most likely known under a different name, it's the functionality

of pilot pressing a button and FCR steps through detected radar contacts)

that would be useful, although we already are talking to an eagle pilot on

this subject, one or two more could be great indeed :). There are some

guys in this forum who tend to believe such a functionality does not even exist.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

One thing they have said is that the 120 in lock on is a joke.

Unfortunetely like most of game :music_whistling:

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Me thinks just the fact that the missile speed nearly adds to the launch speed almost linearly is easy to fix. I have no idea why missiles been made with an absolute top speed limit, and that its as low as it is.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Me thinks just the fact that the missile speed nearly adds to the launch speed almost linearly is easy to fix. I have no idea why missiles been made with an absolute top speed limit, and that its as low as it is.

hehe....i could tell you, but then id have to....ya...u know.

I'm in love with LBST mode ;)

What we got great help from now is,

1 retired Su33 pilot

1 in service su27 pilot.

Getting so much info here, can barely write it all down

Edited by =RvE=Yoda