Animated pilot head does not have 6 DOFs

This is minor, but I noticed that the animated pilot of my MP wingman only has one degree of freedom (yaw). I'd be nice to see all 6 DOFs implemented.

(Open Falcon does it, although not in external views. :music_whistling:)

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

This is minor, but I noticed that the animated pilot of my MP wingman only has one degree of freedom (yaw). I'd be nice to see all 6 DOFs implemented.

(Open Falcon does it, although not in external views. :music_whistling:)

Lock On is the same... asssume engine limitation, and consider "time to implement new widget" vs "true value to sim" ... I know you mentioned it is a minor, so I'm not busting your balls here, just adding my view :)

How about having the pilot breaking out a bottle of vodka and taking a shot after successfully finishing a mission and shutting off the engines? That or having FFARs that have better fragmentation. I'm guessing most of us would choose the latter (not to say vodka is not an important beverage in the armed forces of Mother Russia).

For real, out of joke what i want is the rain effect in the cockpit glass. Thinking about comanche/hokum game it doesnt appear to be difficult to implement that effect. (can imagine developers insults on me) and afaik given that it is an older game it dosnt look bad (rain effect of course) by the way I love Lee´s dust & scratches mod.

Skuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

For real, out of joke what i want is the rain effect in the cockpit glass. Thinking about comanche/hokum game it doesnt appear to be difficult to implement that effect. (can imagine developers insults on me) and afaik given that it is an older game it dosnt look bad (rain effect of course) by the way I love Lee´s dust & scratches mod.

Skuda

Second that. X-Plane has it as well. And I'd like to add we need the sound of rain pounding on the windshield and the aluminum skin. Heck, go ahead and add more admospheric goodies.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I hope they install a coffee cup holder and vanity mirror while they're at it.

Actually, hopefully there will be a mirror in the front seat of the Apache module, as pilots in the AH64 use it for non-verbal comms between front and back seat (ie in the event comms is busted) ... not suggesting we'd be able to use it in the sim, but , ya know..accuracy is accuracy ;)

Skuda

I think the commanche hokum engine uses an animated texture for the rain / dust splatters ... it is pretty cool ... NFI if such a thing is do-able in the lomac engine though...could be a million reasons why not.

...though at least there'd be a use for the 3 position windshield wiper, lol

Wow... Not one serious response! Too long to -1 everybody...

The head animation feature is already implemented in the code. And from my 3D-programming experience, taking the actual line of sight and transforming it in the yaw-only equivalent takes more code than just use the original transform matrix.

In a close multi-ship formation, I like to see if my human wingmen have their heads burried in the Shkval, or looking up/down, at me, the other way...

I would like to see only 3 DOFs (the rotation matrix) applied, since translations would make the head hover inches over the pilot's unanimated torso.

If you can't find any pratical use for what I request, just ask "why?", out of respect, and go **** yourself with your cup holder.

EDIT: Some points are valid, but kind of "hijacky". Search forums, open new thread "Rain/bugs on windshield". We could then find a use for the wiper system. Cup holder, still, **** ***!

Edited by Jack McCoy
Nuance

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Originally posted by Jack Mc Coy

Some points are valid, but kind of "hijacky". Search forums, open new thread "Rain/bugs on windshield". We could then find a use for the wiper system. Cup holder, still, **** ***!

Hello Jack.

Sorry for my intrusion here.

I take my opinions out of this thread.

Skuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5