Leading Edge Training

JimMack

After reading about the possible little problem with the downloads I only downloaded the iPod version of the first lesson and gave it a quick peek. Let me sum it up in two words: Masterly done! :)

Cant wait for the next sessions.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to download the iPod version :) Paused and restarted the download a couple of times(Firefox) and that seemed to do the trick.

Just watched the lesson and have to say it's brilliant! Very impressive and professional made. I can't imagine all the work and planning required to make this lesson.

Look forward to the next lessons.

OK, the alternate download is ready. Go to the FSBT-01 Product Page, and instead of using the dropdown list at the bottom to select the resolution, simply click on the resolution description in the product description. You know, the one with the 720p and 1080p icons.

480p is unavailable at the moment, all other three are working. Please use this method until the main one is fixed.

Thanks guys! If you're anything like me the only thing you'll want to do when the download finishes is watch it, but please take 10 seconds to let me know here that the download was successful.

downloading now.

Thanks been looking forward to these.

Good luck with the project Miguez.

Conuk, I'm trying to get in touch with you, can you email me through the Contact Us on the LET website?

Thanks,

Ipod version succesfully downloaded both from the direct link, and also via using the pause/resume method (about every 10 mins or so)

720p still coming down (120KB/sec) via both methods ok (200 MB at this stage)

Thanks guys! If you're anything like me the only thing you'll want to do when the download finishes is watch it, but please take 10 seconds to let me know here that the download was successful.

grabbing both HD (both to test :)

3hours on my 20 meg connection. - 70k / sec or so.

Edited by Conuk

Great work, miguez,

downloaded the 720p version yesterday without any problems. It is by far more than I expected from the sample training lesson, I was really surprised to not only see a video, but also additional material like a map, mission file etc. :thumbup:

Very professional appearance, I'm really looking forward to the other lessons. There's exactly all this little information I'm interested in, as you said: I'm not only interested in how it works, but why and much more important, how to do it correctly!

Can't wait to finish work today and start... well... working ;)

Cheers, smurfer

I've just finished watching. Well done! To be honest I thought the lessons would look like the one available from dcs download section. I was even going to ask you to include some sort of summary or list of contents in each video :)

Good morning guys (at least for me :)),

After getting some sleep (I didn't get much over the last three days, finishing the last details then dealing with the website problems), I have to say it's very nice to wake up to such nice comments!

Now the work continues for the second lesson, and fixing the cart on the website (which is where the problem with interrupted downloads comes from).

And please let me know if you were looking for anything that didn't show in the lesson, as feedback is what assures future lessons will look like what you want ;).

Once again, thanks to all who made this possible and to all who downloaded it.

The only comment I have with regards to the exceptionaly high quality of the video, is that the sound seemed to be over-driven sometimes ?... when your voice would get loud, it would distort ... I believe you have some nice recording equipment, and I am not a sound tech, but I believe you could "compress" the sound to make sure the amplitude doesn't go into distortion ?

I noticed this on both the ipod and 720p versions.

I do not believe this is an issue at my end, HOWEVER, it could definately be if no one else notices some voice distortion / volume distortion (it is particularly noticable, for example, on the title music).... so if others could also mention if they notice this it might help for the next mastering?

Thanks!

Nem

Hi Nem, I certainly noticed it :). I have changed my recording strategy to record in a place with a lot less room echo and background noise, as most of the inconsistencies come from having to clean up the different audio files.

Thanks, good comment!

I was able to get the Ipod version on the video just fine and at a good speed. The production quality was very nice and i am certainly looking forward to delving deeper into this video series! I am mostly looking forward to combat school but the basics should provide a good refresher too.

I was able to get the Ipod version on the video just fine and at a good speed. The production quality was very nice and i am certainly looking forward to delving deeper into this video series! I am mostly looking forward to combat school but the basics should provide a good refresher too.

Thanks SinandGrin!

mine stopped overnight @ 700mb or so. (moved file) so cant retry.....

downloading again though. Torrent not an option for the free one?

Anyways congratulations Miguez on the first one - hope it goes smoother for you from now - a very decent project :thumbup: