104th OPFOR-1 Invitation!

PoleCat

Great initiative PoleCat!

Is there any more info about the event? Like what kind of mission will be flown, if respawns are allowed, flight distances, if LRM is used and if so, what features, will there will be restrictions on weapons?

Just to give us a general idea about what's this will be like.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hello Case,

What I can tell you at this point is that the mission will be objective based (Classified targets and target areas at this point).

We are allowing only one respawn in this mission.

We are using LRM / Amract: We will list a full set of features that we will have enabled for the mission very shortly. Keep in mind that our intentions is to limit exploits as well as restrict airbases.

Flight Distances: This will not be air quake. Flights will have to plan for fuel consumption. Distances for flights will be lenghty.

I hope this answers some of your questions without letting the cat out of the bag too early :)

More info to come...

Edited by Manawar
change

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great initiative PoleCat!

Is there any more info about the event? Like what kind of mission will be flown, if respawns are allowed, flight distances, if LRM is used and if so, what features, will there will be restrictions on weapons?

Just to give us a general idea about what's this will be like.

Hi Case,

In reference to the OPFOR-1 event, we will be using LRM probably close to the default settings and AMRACT for progress reports throughout the mission. We are thinking about no ET's but have not carved this in stone just yet. Either one death or two but certainly not infinite respawn. We will use airfield ownership as well. Frontline base for red which will spawn bombers/short range fighters is Kirovskoye rear bases for long range fighters are Simferopol and Saki. Blues forward base will be Gelendzhik and the rear bases will be Krasnodar-Pashkovskiy and Maykop. This may change some before the event but these are the broad strokes. We are still hammering out the specifics.

~PoleCat

Edited by PoleCat

Bump

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder, the event is on THIS Saturday .. places have filled up quickly, and planning / intel briefing's are in full swing.

There are a limited number of places still available on the red side (I believe).

Good luck to all attending!

Oh man I only lasted about 10 minutes... I knew taking 3 bags was irrelevant for a 30 min CAP. :D With so many people on the mission the forward CAP's were going to waste all missiles long before the fuel on the bags gets spent. Not only that I was so overwhelmed with bandits on radar completely negleted a SAM launch.(booom)

Its in exercises like this that the real people in real operations humbles us. Too much to learn yet!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

After I lost my wingman i knew going 1v3 vs 169th was a bad

idea, I got ice:d ;P

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

And I got LRM'd. So you got me as well Yoda in a round-a-bout sort of way.

what do you mean?

My PC specs below:

Thanks to all who particiapted we feel this was a great success. We learned a lot from this first event and we think that the next will be much much better as a result of these lessons learned. The mission slightly tweaked is now running on our dedicated server in Hyperlobby. We think you should note a really good performance improvement due to some server settings being tweaked properly that were off during the event. Scenes were set low but some other graphics settings on the box were inadvertantly left on higher settings. All corrected now and up for testing.

We would also like to thank all participants for their patience and good humor. It is at events like this that we note how "top notch" and really supportive our rather small LockOn community can be.

Thanks again to all and we at the 104th look forward to participating in the next community event as well as the next OPFOR.

Edited by PoleCat

Looking forward for the next event. Cheers! :)

My PC specs below: