The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

Well, it's not love at first sight. After a period of acclimatisation, I think we'll bury it in our hearts. And in my oppinion it's a nice plane and it looks like a mixture of the MiG-29 and the Su-27 put in a wafer-toaster.

On the other hand, don't forget: it's made for war and on the battlefield you have no jurors that give 'look-points' like in the Eurovision song-contest:P. Although this way we could have nicer and unbloodier wars. "And here are the results of the Turkish jury...";).

I didn't like MiG-29, Su-27, F-15 and F-16 when they appeared, was used to F-104, F-4, MiG-21 and MiG-23 compared to whom MiG-29 and Flanker seemed benign, slow and vunerable...

But I guess PAK-FA (in it's final appearance) with hidden exhaust pipes and some fancy paintwork is gonna grow on us slowly!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little by little and you'll be flying Red side soon :music_whistling:

LOL, Im not that rewired. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Jamming electronics/devices are now internal with PAK-FA? Or AESA does the job of jamming as well as regular radar job?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

From this angle of view it really reminds me of YF-23. Beautiful! :)

attachmentit.jpg

Yeah best looking 5th gen design yet! :) . I think its far better looking than the YF-23.....although it clearly has the same design feature with the engines vertically offset from the inlets(as a stealth meassure to hide turbines), it is achieved in a more subtle way and leaves a very sleek appearance as opposed to those distinch "lumps" on the back of the YF-23.

• Like 1

JJ

Yeah best looking 5th gen design yet! :) . I think its far better looking than the YF-23.....although it clearly has the same design feature with the engines vertically offset from the inlets(as a stealth meassure to hide turbines), it is achieved in a more subtle way and leaves a very sleek appearance as opposed to those distinch "lumps" on the back of the YF-23.

Now imagine it with hidden exhaust nozzles...there's probably gonna be some redesign with installation of new engine developed for PAK-FA in order to hide those engines' heat signature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt anyone would design a radar that also serves as a jammer cause it would be a self jamming one!

No, actualy AESA radars can act as jammers. So you dot need any pods, at least for the frontal quadrant.

My PC specs below:

PAk Fa more eastetical than YF23? Not to me it isnt. BTW all 5th gen fighters, prototype or not have serpentined intake duscts on the horizontal and vertical planes.

My PC specs below:

Now imagine it with hidden exhaust nozzles...there's probably gonna be some redesign with installation of new engine developed for PAK-FA in order to hide those engines' heat signature.

Yeah but I doubt they will - as others have mentioned the aerodynamic configuration seems to suggest the intention to integrate TVC and if thats the case I think it will build on the vectoring nozzle technology already developed with the AL-31FP.....but I could be wrong of course :) .

JJ

Isn't a jammer (down and dirty) just a specially tuned transmitter? With a radar being a tranceiver, I'd imagine a good radar wouldn't be prevented from transmitting in a jammer mode - especially if/when it's modular.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Large pictures

PAK-FA-1.jpg

PAK-FA-2.jpg

PAK-FA-3.jpg

PAK-FA-4.jpg

:)

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

PAk Fa more eastetical than YF23? Not to me it isnt.

To each his own :)

BTW all 5th gen fighters, prototype or not have serpentined intake duscts on the horizontal and vertical planes.

Yes but with more or less "penalty" in terms of how it affects the external looks - I personally think those "boxy" engine bulges on the YF-23 makes the design look rather crude, but again I guess thats a matter of preferences :) .

JJ

Yeah but I doubt they will - as others have mentioned the aerodynamic configuration seems to suggest the intention to integrate TVC and if thats the case I think it will build on the vectoring nozzle technology already developed with the AL-31FP.....but I could be wrong of course :) .

May be, may be but I remember LL-UV testbed (late '80s) with "boxy" TVC exhaust...So looking at YF-23 boxy solution I'd say they copied LL-UV...

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't like MiG-29, Su-27, F-15 and F-16 when they appeared, was used to F-104, F-4, MiG-21 and MiG-23 compared to whom MiG-29 and Flanker seemed benign, slow and vunerable...

But I guess PAK-FA (in it's final appearance) with hidden exhaust pipes and some fancy paintwork is gonna grow on us slowly!

I agree in general. The more you get to know the 'soul' of an aircraft, the more beautiful it looks. On the other hand, the Su-27 was love at first sight. Although comparable to the Mig-29, it was totally different. The wings attaached far in the rear, the long fuselage and the radom tilted down, gives it a unique appearance. Like a cobra or a raptor preparing for an attack. And the huge dimensions, -only realizable when standing right next to it- gives me a strange feeling in my stomach. I think this is called 'LOVE':wub:?!?!?!?

A question about the final appearance. Is it known if it gets 2D or 3D TVC nozzles, if any? The tail-boom makes me think that only 2D deflection, like the SU-30MKI has it would be possible.

New pics. Originally posted by FeoFun in the russian part of the forums:

From this angle of view it really reminds me of YF-23. Beautiful! :)

attachmentit.jpg

attachmentf.jpg

attachments.jpg

I generally like aircrafts in raw state, without paint. Especially those with high percentage of composite materials. The front part of LERX indeed looks like a moving part.

Yep. I like it raw, too as I like my meat :D. I like the yellow color, like the Su-30MKK prototype.

Not only looks like, just compare the pictures. Comparing the first with the second one, you can see (or at least you have the impression) that it's leveled in the first one, and a bit down in the second one.

It's no optical illusion. The LERX definitely move (or they got bended during flight :D.

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3: