1.0.1 error at options menu

Distiler

Once again I say: activations are not lost during 1.0.1 install.

Ok I guess I have to belive you. I've removed my comments about it from the posts outside of the activation-forum.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Here's a hint. This is what Im doing before I start - just to be sure I can start over again.

1. Make a backup-copy of your DCS folder (remove all ModMan / manually installed patches)

2. Make a backup of the following registry settings.

(You MUST know how to use regedit - this is not an "how-to" post)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DCS Black Shark

Note: On x64 systems you may have to look in the Wow3264 subfolders in Registry.

If everything fails - try adjust your local settings once more, and before trying again - use a COPY of the Backup-copy folder:

1. Copy back the backup

2. Import the registry keys again.

3. Rerun the Patch Setup.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Here's a hint. This is what Im doing before I start - just to be sure I can start over again.

1. Make a backup-copy of your DCS folder (remove all ModMan / manually installed patches)

2. Make a backup of the following registry settings.

(You MUST know how to use regedit - this is not an "how-to" post)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DCS Black Shark

Note: On x64 systems you may have to look in the Wow3264 subfolders in Registry.

If everything fails - try adjust your local settings once more, and before trying again - use a COPY of the Backup-copy folder:

1. Copy back the backup

2. Import the registry keys again.

3. Rerun the Patch Setup.

I'm really sorry but I guess my entire post is off topic... I know this is about the "1.0.1 error at options menu" and that it's most probably related to the locale settings of the users computer. Nothing more to it I guess.

Now regarding what you just said Panzertard (very helpful of you btw:thumbup:), I hear you, but honestly I REALLY don't belive that the end user should have to do anything of that to just install a patch to their most beloved game. This is may or may not ED's wrong doing.

I LOVE Black Shark, it's made me forget about all other games for the last 8 months now and it keeps me on my toes every time I take her our for a ride.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

propably having the same problem, vista 64 bit, english version on a german macine. How do I change the format?

On my computer WinXP SP3 I go to

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> tab "Regional Options" -> "Standards and formats" -- Set this to English (UK) .

Addendum: I checked it out on my Vista laptop and it's in exactly the same place, named "Nationella inställningar", maybe it's called something along those lines (Swedish vista).

Edited by Boulund

propably having the same problem, vista 64 bit, english version on a german macine. How do I change the format?

Vista: Control panel -> regional and language options -> "formats" change to "english (United Kingdom)"

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

You can do the changes AFTER the installation of the patch. In my computer works doing it after.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Do you also have to change language on Windows 7 x64 RC? (isn't this kind of stupid ED?)

Also, do I really have to setup my joystick once again??? It took several days to set it up...

• Like 1

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you also have to change language on Windows 7 x64 RC? (isn't this kind of stupid ED?)

Also, do I really have to setup my joystick once again??? It took several days to set it up...

You can save your settings (which you should always do anyway) by selecting the column of your joystick in the settings menu and pressing the save button.

Once again.

I have installed the patch without changing anything. Then the error reported showed. Then i change the formats and location to english UK and all runs fine.

No need to do any backups, reinstalls or register saves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Once again.

I have installed the patch without changing anything. Then the error reported showed. Then i change the formats and location to english UK and all runs fine.

No need to do any backups, reinstalls or register saves.

They say this because settings may be lost during patching (resolution, personalized keys, etc.), it happened to me.

Obviously, you don't need to change "format" before patch, it's needed after, nobody said the opposite.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

You can save your settings (which you should always do anyway) by selecting the column of your joystick in the settings menu and pressing the save button.

yep thx, just saved my config.

i read someone had his setup erased, that's why i asked.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, the formats did the trick for me, too. Thanks for the hints.

Such things are the reason for my dual boot installation of windows. I have one cleaned and optimized install just for the games.

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

Well, ED said that for patching you need to install 1.01 over a fresh 1.0 install.

The lost of previous configurations seems unavoidable. Now i understand the problems that had showed. Thanks for your clarification and sorry for my misunderstood.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows in spanish, keyboard in english, DCS:BS in english (download)... What I need to do??? thanks!!!

You just need to readmore carefully.

Change "format" to english, just this. No need to change keyboard, languages, etc.

Can the format be changed back once the patch is installed ? Kinda silly being stuck with the wrong currency symbol, decimal, date-format....for my language and country.

Is it enough to change the "format" each time before launching BS ?

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

I just successfully installed the patch.

I didn't have to swith format and my key config was saved. I had to reset gfx settings only.

Strange only some people have to change format.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm curious for a clear-cut response to bengo's question as well (as opposed to the rampant flood of various other posts that may or may not be correct to my case).

If all that's needed is to run the patch while having the other format, okey. I can do that. I think it's the most odd ever requirement for a patch and that you seriously need to find a way of never, ever, requiring something as weird as that again. But I can live with it for this one. Just please, when attaching requirements to a patch installation that may have been imagined by John Cleese, please at least include direction for how to acomplish this. Not just "locate the saved patch file and double click to open and follow instructions" and that in the case of Vista we need admin priviliges.

If it requires that I keep that setting. Sorry. Then I won't patch. I don't run the english version because I love that language's numerical systems, I run it because that and russian was the only languages available when I purchased. And my russian is only barely good enough to order food at a restaurant. :P

Also, ViperVJG73, please don't refer to "see the readme please" about something that ain't in the readme. I wasted a lot of time trying to make sure that I wasn't being an idiot for not having seen that in the readme while it wasn't there. Thankyou. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester