Can we have AK-47s?

Kenan

Well, in my opinion it's not as arcade idea as it seems to be :):

23673685.th.jpg

Situation described in "Kiowa Down" documentary also proved that assault rifles are sometimes helpful for pilots of a scout helicopter. On the other side, there are much more important aspects of flight simulation to improve ;)...

Wouldn't it be great if we had an AK47 inside the cockpit and after running out of missiles, rockets and cannon, open the doors and shoot all those little people with it? We could also get out and continue fighting old fashioned FPS style.

This could come in handy if the chopper is badly damaged, player manages to land somehow and bunch of terrorists are advancing towards him, he digs in, and takes them out one by one untill say, SAR chopper comes to the rescue.

If AK47 is too big to carry, then Makarov should do just fine..I don't know..what do you guys think?

DCS already has an FPS mode when you eject so they probably will do that someday an evolution from the current flight simulation is the ability to conduct a walk around prior to startup. To add FPS actually further increases the realism and it fits right into the combat simulation enviroment. Other features that could further expand it is FAC/FO(with laser designator), SAR, SpecOps etc. I think Arma is a good example of how they fit together although the problem with Arma is the aircraft need a bit more detail for the avionics and the enviroment needs a better viewing distance for CAS.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Maybe this First Person Shooter thing should then be arcade mode. In simulation mode, on the other hand, DCS: Human could be introduced: if you get wounded by bullets, you have to vet your fully simulated body. There is only little need for modification of the hydraulics engine to simulate your whole blood vessel system. :smartass:

In Arma the Acemod allows a simple 1st aid procedure including bandages, morphine, epodepherine etc. In Americas army there is a more detailed first aid module although I'm not sure to what level it is in MP. In the Acemod for arma you can get wounded and depending on how bad you can treat it and get back into the fight also you can get killed from loss of blood or even lose conciousness for not using a bandage. When you don't use morphine the player screams in pain and complains when you move which can also be heard by other players and the AI.(who then come after you) Although the first aid in itself is quite simple(apply bandage, inject Morphine) in that you aren't applying it to a specific area it does add alot of fun to the Mp/SP experience. Another aspect is player fitness which varys between the average soldier to high fitness levels for special forces and that affects game play as well. Compared to realistic fitness of a real soldier even the specops appear to be quite unfit in game(IRL soldiers can run further faster than whats featured in acemod-not including specops). Your speed and endurance are influenced by how much you are carrying and if you run too fast you will collapse and the player will be breathing heavily which again can be heard by the AI. This also effects your aim IRL and also in acemod. So in DCS it could be modeled that if a player is injured he might have to land apply bandage and inject morphine. I know it sounds quite ridiculous for an FPS but I'd rate Acemod as the best mod for Arma and such features fit right in with DCS.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure how seriously you want us to take that suggestion but heck, to contribute further to this bizarre thread: Would it not be better to have a plasma cannon just incase aliens turn up? :smilewink:

What mega watt?:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

With the attendant risk of One SmartA$$ hovering around the corner of the Map with a fistful of Nukes and Obliterating everyone the moment they enter the Server..........Over and Over and Over again......blowup.gif

Not sure I like Nukes.......:D

Theres a number of ways to have a sim feature a Nuke that adds to the game play. One good idea is to feature an evolution style mod where players have to earn points to get better weapons. You might start off with an AK74 and work your way up to better weapons like Dragonov or KSVK more points better vehicles like T80U and ability to call in artillery and airstrikes. For that a Nuke would require the highest points or you could feature a mission where the players have to stop a nuke from being set off. The fun of course with Nukes is when they explode in sims.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The 23 mw's are weak in my opinion so the 64mz-F class plasma cannons are better. They are more cost effective, accurate and require less maintaining by monkey crews.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

It would be a fun little easter egg if your ejected pilot had the ability to shoot. Same ammo as the infantry so it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone remember the game JSF? (where you flew the X-32 and X-35).

Once you ejected and landed you could walk around and shoot your pistol. Of course this was merely a novelty and had no practical value!