DCS series, no Air to Air?

YES the E has A2A, but for SELF DEFENCE... The E is based on the A2A version but MODIFED for A2G... with added stuff and a second person. the Body was widend to add more stuff to it. IT IS NOT AN A2A PLANE!!!

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES the E has A2A, but for SELF DEFENCE... The E is based on the A2A version but MODIFED for A2G... with added stuff and a second person. the Body was widend to add more stuff to it. IT IS NOT AN A2A PLANE!!!

Shh, we don't want your logic here! ;)

Harrier/Tornado would be cool. Maybe F-5/20, or MiG-29. I still doubt it will be the 16/18.

Actually that thread is the same as this here.

There are people demanding multipurpose-fighters instead of "boring" aircraft like the KA-50 and the A-10C, which are not suited for player-vs-player and therefore obviously not profitable compared to most wanted planes like the F-16 and the F-18.

Only official statements are, that upcoming planes will not necessarily be in player-vs-player config (which speaks against F-16 / F-18 ), that cooperative multiplayer like in 2-seater Apache will possibly promote teamplay even more and that the limited scale but more intense and realistic scenarios will be prefered. (Again not speaking for F-16 and F-18, just speaking for adding more models for a more dense battlefield feeling).

But to be honest, these "official statements" are rather personal opinions.

To my understanding neither the F-16 nor the F-18 have been definitely denied or agreed upon in this thread.

I wouldn't say the KA-50 and A-10C are "boring". It's just that the KA-50, A-10C and the "proposed" AH-64A DCS are all virtually air to ground aircraft only. Air to ground is fun, but so is air to air combat. Why not have both?

After the A-10C I would like to see a F-16/Mig-29/Su-27 type aircraft DCS. I would like to get something similar to what Spectrum Holobyte had back in the day with Falcon 3.0. A sim where you could have an F-16 and a Mig-29 fight multi player in the same world with study sim quality.

Imagine a scenario where the battlefield multi player has KA-50's and A-10C's attacking ground targets and air to air and air to ground sorties of fast movers like F-16's and Mig-29's flying over head with incredible realism?

Oh, maybe just a dream... :pilotfly:

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

I wouldn't say the KA-50 and A-10C are "boring". It's just that the KA-50, A-10C and the "proposed" AH-64A DCS are all virtually air to ground aircraft only. Air to ground is fun, but so is air to air combat. Why not have both?

After the A-10C I would like to see a F-16/Mig-29/Su-27 type aircraft DCS. I would like to get something similar to what Spectrum Holobyte had back in the day with Falcon 3.0. A sim where you could have an F-16 and a Mig-29 fight multi player in the same world with study sim quality.

Imagine a scenario where the battlefield multi player has KA-50's and A-10C's attacking ground targets and air to air and air to ground sorties of fast movers like F-16's and Mig-29's flying over head with incredible realism?

ED have stated numerous times that their focus for the first modules will be aircraft that do not have a radar, because modelling one at the current level of detail requires lots of work and time, which they want to gap with said modules. There is still work to be done on the AA missile seeker logic as well, that's why there is no A-A ATM.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

ED have stated numerous times that their focus for the first modules will be aircraft that do not have a radar, because modelling one at the current level of detail requires lots of work and time, which they want to gap with said modules. There is still work to be done on the AA missile seeker logic as well, that's why there is no A-A ATM.

Dont think ED had put it like that. What they did say was that software technology and games engine were the things to be progressive with each module. Whatever aircraft they will do after A-10C will be linked to ED's military contracts. Dont tell them they wont get a military contract because they cant do an AA radar just yet! ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Dont think ED had put it like that. What they did say was that software technology and games engine were the things to be progressive with each module. Whatever aircraft they will do after A-10C will be linked to ED's military contracts. Dont tell them they wont get a military contract because they cant do an AA radar just yet! ;)

Memory is a bitch, especially mine :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!