Anyone else getting a little bit bored with BS?

Warbird_242

You never know what the ME might be capable of tomorrow ;)

Yah yeah these tomorrows are always loooong years ;)

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graphic is ugly it's true, but rest of game gives you 100x more than LO. ;]

the F16 aircraft graphics are good,, the ground graphics are outdated.. but they are still good enough..

:joystick:

again the Dynamic FLOAT is excellent

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

the F16 aircraft graphics are good,, the ground graphics are outdated.. but they are still good enough..

:joystick:

again the Dynamic FLOAT is excellent

I agree. It's not terrible as some want to make us believe. With the Hi-Tiles addon and the additional cockpits it looks good. You can live with the terrain graphics and the pits look awesome. I don't really see a problem here.

I finished all missions and campaigns, all i can say is after that I never played BS again.

I was missing more interesting and amusing missions not just fly there kill everything returnback to base.

I also missed the feel of being in real war, that is something Falcon 4 can do better.

I will keep playing it even when having lost my two arms (don't ask me HOW though);).

I agree with the bit sterile feeling of this sim. It's great to have a crowded airspace: outbounding formations regrouping for a mission, returning planes having flown a mission, approaching the airfield in low flight and lining up, transporters flying around. Listening to the radio comms of other nearby planes with eachother the AWACS and the tower and so on. This really gives a real war atmosphere.

I don't want to nag around. Each sim has it's own 'personality' and is great for certain reasons. I'm happy with it, but I also miss the 'surroundings' a bit .

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

I have the BS mainly to support DCS.

I have read and played it alot.

I WANT to like it, really, but I cant: I dont like helos, I want a fast mover, when the A10 comes from DCS I will eat and sleep it for years.

For now, it's back to Falcon for my fast mover fix.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I have the BS mainly to support DCS.

I have read and played it alot.

I WANT to like it, really, but I cant: I dont like helos, I want a fast mover, when the A10 comes from DCS I will eat and sleep it for years.

For now, it's back to Falcon for my fast mover fix.

I understand you. I was new to helos too and I quickly began loving it. Don't just go one way. Try to love both ways. Where else do you have the opportunity to 'float' in front of your enemies, select and destroy 'em, but with BS? Don't get fixated to one girl when you have the opportunity to have many ;). Just kiddin', but there's a bit of reality in my words. Monogamy does'nt count in sims ;). Only with real girlfriends.

So how to call place like LockOn where can have many easy "girls"? :D

I never mentioned it could be easy, though :D.

lol. Hehe.

I bought DCS BS engweb version the first week it was released. I had it installed for about 4 months I really couldn't get my head around it, so I only loged aprox 3hrs of flight in the KA-50 after all that time, and also I have to admit I didn't find the aircraft all that appealing at first. I finally had to do some maintenance and reformat my HDD, and didn't bother to reinstall it until about a week after the 1.1 patch came out. I had some free time and curiosity got the better of me, so I reinstalled it applied the patch and played the quick start mission I took off from the FARP nothing unusual until I approached the hostiles and slowed to a hover yes I was hovering almost at a complete stop with out auto hover augmentation. That's something I couldn't do before the 1.1 patch. So I went on to targeting got my target select the vikher 1by1 I took em all out. since then I can't get enough and the KA-50 is starting to look like the sleek'n'leathal killing machine I always wanted it to be.

So I'm not board, quite the contrary I'm just getting started:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I bought DCS BS engweb version the first week it was released. I had it installed for about 4 months I really couldn't get my head around it, so I only loged aprox 3hrs of flight in the KA-50 after all that time, and also I have to admit I didn't find the aircraft all that appealing at first. I finally had to do some maintenance and reformat my HDD, and didn't bother to reinstall it until about a week after the 1.1 patch came out. I had some free time and curiosity got the better of me, so I reinstalled it applied the patch and played the quick start mission I took off from the FARP nothing unusual until I approached the hostiles and slowed to a hover yes I was hovering almost at a complete stop with out auto hover augmentation. That's something I couldn't do before the 1.1 patch. So I went on to targeting got my target select the vikher 1by1 I took em all out. since then I can't get enough and the KA-50 is starting to look like the sleek'n'leathal killing machine I always wanted it to be.

So I'm not board, quite the contrary I'm just getting started:thumbup:

You... are... INFECTED!!!! And there's no antidote. Welcome to the anonymous simoholics:joystick:. "We can't help, but at least we can talk about it" ;).

You... are... INFECTED!!!! And there's no antidote. Welcome to the anonymous simoholics:joystick:. "We can't help, but at least we can talk about it" ;).

Thanks, There's nothing like the first time you realize that your flying the Shark, and not the other way around. After that it does become quite infectious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Thanks, There's nothing like the first time you realize that your flying the Shark, and not the other way around. After that it does become quite infectious.

Yeah. The first rides are like riding a mad bull. Not knowing where it will really go and where you will land/crash (god save the K-36) until you find out how to control it. The AP-Dampening channels and the correct trim. After managing those functions (more or less), you can concentrate on using the various functions and buttons.

Have fun with the Shark-Flu ;).

The only things I could think of one could get fed up with is wingman stand-off issue and two - lack of interaction with the AI. A wingman ordered to attack a target will fly over a group of ZSU's nests, straight ahead without trying to go around them or to take the threats out first. IIRC wingmen don't back of when a column engaged by them advances towards them fast getting the wingman in their range. That said nursing your wingmen can get boring very fast.

Now with the 1.0.1 patch you can at least make your wingman rearm but you still can't do a simple thing of asking your wingmen how much weapons do they have left. Triggered recorded radio messages are cool and all but once I got a loooong string of coordinates and I couldn't even get the guy to repeat them.

But!

Even with those disadvantages (and possibly few more) Ka-50 powerplant alone with related systems provides more challenge=fun than the whole Lock On 1.0 :)

Correct me if I got anything wrong. I had very little time to get to know DCS BS.

Edited by Bucic

Now with the 1.0.1 patch you can at least make your wingman rearm but you still can't do a simple thing of asking your wingmen how much weapons do they have left. Triggered recorded radio messages are cool and all but once I got a loooong string of coordinates and I couldn't even get the guy to repeat them.

But!

Even with those disadvantages (and possibly few more) Ka-50 powerplant alone with related systems provides more challenge=fun than the whole Lock On 1.0 :)

There you mention a topic that bothers me, too. This sim has a great disadvantage when it comes to communicating with crewmembers. To some it's not an issue at all but to some, like me, it's a big issue that can kill the missions' atmosphere. Giving precise commands to or receiving detailed stats from my wingmen and even listening to the radio chats of other group members that are not related to your mission in Falcon 4 still gives a realism kick to it. Just to name one small scanario: When on a sweep mission I ask my wingmen how many weapons and fuel they have left. According to this info I organize the group and decide which ones have to attack and which ones have to cover me. Its very authentic when listening how they count how many of which missile and how much fuel they have left. It always takes time and time is sometimes crucial in emergency situations and sometimes you just have no time left, but this is as it is in reality.

Nevertheless, you just can't have the "most beautiful girl" in the world, if you know what I mean. But if you close your eyes a little bit, she looks much more beautiful, does'nt she? And some have a different approach to this: They get drunk and even a garbage can can be the most beautiful girl until the morning ;).

There are some things we have to get used to. Brother ED is always watching this forum. Maybe they have already planned something in this way and want to surprize us with one of the forthcoming releases, don't you ED;)?

Interesting thread, I guise we all miss a good dynamic campaign. Therefore 51st started its own multiplayer dynamic campaign called CRIMEAN INCIDENT. Unfortunately its only for pilots who are in squads and for those squads that get invited. Reason for this is that pilots/squads need a little bit more communication skills then a average pilot ordering his units by a press of a button.I can easy say that its the closest similitude war I ever played.

Red and blue generals plan and make rots for theire ground and air units and pilots try to forfill that to therie best ability.

http://campaign.51st.org/trailer.html

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Interesting thread, I guise we all miss a good dynamic campaign. Therefore 51st started its own multiplayer dynamic campaign called CRIMEAN INCIDENT. Unfortunately its only for pilots who are in squads and for those squads that get invited. Reason for this is that pilots/squads need a little bit more communication skills then a average pilot ordering his units by a press of a button.I can easy say that its the closest similitude war I ever played.

Red and blue generals plan and make rots for theire ground and air units and pilots try to forfill that to therie best ability.

http://campaign.51st.org/trailer.html

Very interesting. This isn't an automated dynamic campaign generator right? it's more like a pen and paper role playing game, isn't it?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2