Adding trees in v.1.1

Adding structures to the terrain was a feature of v.1.1. I was very much looking forward to. But I was a bit disapointed to find out trees were not among the 'buildings'.

I browes through the lockon folders and found what I was looking for in the lockon\bazar\terrain\structures\high folder.

There a bunch of Trees and Forrest files with a cmd can be found.

Some other filenames looked familiar to like WC.cmd and [Konteiner_red1.cmd[/b].

At this time I backed-up the structures folder (Please do so yourself before you continue!)

Now i simply copied a Trees... file and renamed it to WC.cmd.

Adding a WC in the mission builder inside LockOn showed a nice tree formation next to the runway. :D

The Trees... and Forrest... files have numbers next to them. These are the lenght and width of the tree section in meters. You can use the ruleer in the mission editor to accuratly place them. Note that these dimensions are the right-sides of a triangle with one 90° angle. When you place the tree-section onthe map note that the heading is seen from the 90° angle along the shortest side of the triangle.

Enough said, time for some pictures.

The pic below shows several Tree files near the airfield. How they are placed can also be seen.

tree-sample.jpg

tree-map.jpg

This pic shows two Trees_2847.cmd back-to-back along the runway.

2x_trees_2847.jpg

This pic shows six Trees_357.cmd in series.

6x_trees_357.jpg

Of course there is a down-side: The structures you use for tree-formations allready exist in the standard LockOn theatre. This means that strange looking tree-formation may appear where a WC used to be. As long as you use structures that aren't very common on the map you should be allright though.

That's it. Just have a go. It's all a quetions of try and error ;)

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

We flyers of Su-25T must protest the placing of trees right next to the runway. We've got enough problems landing already.

I'd prefer that they be cut down - :icon_axe:

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Guest ruggbutt
We've got enough problems landing already.

I'd prefer that they be cut down - :icon_axe:

Just fly a little farther left as you approach the runway from the far end in that pic. That'll fix 'em!

Can you put this together in a mod for us birdy? And will the trees show up in online missions if the clients don't have them?

Ah heck, it is like our national budget deficit, a million here a million there.........:D

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Can you put this together in a mod for us birdy? And will the trees show up in online missions if the clients don't have them?

Sry , Clients will not see any trees ...only WCs ...except if they changed the 3d names of files too...

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Khersones AFB with trees (first draft).

All tree-formation were created with one file; Trees_375.cmd. I copied it to WC.cmd. The rest of the scenery is not affected.

PS: the trees have almost NO effect on framerate !!

khersones1-000.jpg

khersones1_001.jpg

khersones1_002.jpg

khersones1_003.jpg

khersones1_004.jpg

khersones1_005.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

I was woundering about that.

Im building a new mission with a lot of new building and such. The trees tweak seem pretty good, would improve the scenery thats for sure. But will the others joining in, see the trees as well? since your renaming one file to the other. Or will they see a bunch of wc???

I recon It would of, have been nice for ED to add the tree's as well in the selection of static object.

Also Would of have been nice to add groups of static object, then just moved & place them around. Doing them 1 by 1 is a painfully long to do... But I guess its all worth while :tongue: Its better then nothing I guess. But I Luv It. Once Im done Sochi Adler & surroundings wont look the same. :icon_keel

• Like 1

Unless clients have the appropriate trees-file renamed to wcd.cmd, they won't see trees.

That's why I'm using only one trees-files so that others will follow and don't think it's to much trouble.

I do agree that ED should add a bunch various trees-clusters in the drop-down list of 'buildings'

The trees are brill.

how do i do it.. I backed the folder up then got a trees file , trees 166 ithink.

copied it to desktop ,renamed it wc.cmd put it back and all was the same .i must be doing it wrong can you help birdy :confused:

Make sure to delete the original WC.cmd file (you've backed it up first right?)

Copy the trees_166.cmd file (in the same ...structures\high folder) and rename this copy to WC.cmd.

Now you have to restart lockon and place a WC anywere on the map.

That's all

I've put my 'trees'-file online. You can use it as a template if you want.

http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/tmp/trees.mis

This time i've put trees along the fence of Krymsk airbase. It really puts things in perspective. For instance, the fuel-dumps are clearly a part of the base.

All tree-formations were made with one 'tree'-file only.

In order to see the trees proceed as follows:

1. backup the WC.cmd file and then remove the original WC.cmd file

2. copy the trees_375.cmd file and rename this copy to WC.cmd

3. Start lockon, load the mission and fly

ScreenShot_000.jpg

ScreenShot_001.jpg

ScreenShot_002.jpg

I've put my 'trees'-file online. You can use it as a template if you want.

http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/tmp/trees.mis

This time i've put trees along the fence of Krymsk airbase. It really puts things in perspective. For instance, the fuel-dumps are clearly a part of the base.

All tree-formations were made with one 'tree'-file only.

In order to see the trees proceed as follows:

1. backup the WC.cmd file and then remove the original WC.cmd file

2. copy the trees_375.cmd file and rename this copy to WC.cmd

3. Start lockon, load the mission and fly

Hi, 666th_birdy! :D

Your link is not working. I did some guess work and found the appropriate address. This is it, right?

http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/lomac-missions/trees.mis

I also made it LoMan compatible, so that anyone can try this very easily.

The package is attached to this post. You can put the zip into the LoMan's "addons" folder and install it from the Add-On Manager. The mission file will be in LockOn\Missions folder.

I tried it and it worked fine. The trees looked very nice! :icon_supe

Like you guys said, I hope the trees will be added as the user controllable objects in LOMAC someday. :icon_pray

EDIT: The attached file was deleted by TekaTeka

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Adler Airbase added.

The following three files must be edited:

copy Trees_1.cmd and rename this copy Konteiner_brown.cmd

copy Trees_375.cmd and rename this copy WC.cmd

copy Trees_375_375.cmd and rename this copy Konteiner_white.cmd

Download the mission-file here

ScreenShot_004.jpg

ScreenShot_002.jpg

ScreenShot_001.jpg

ScreenShot_005.jpg

ScreenShot_006.jpg

ScreenShot_007.jpg

@ vapor: No the trees will also show when scenes is set to low.

@ prophet: The trees don't burn but you can destroy them. If you look at pic 2&3 you will notice a whole bunch of them missing. If you fire enough rockets, a portion of the trees sink into the ground and the 'static object' r(esembling the trees) will catch fire (as seen in pic #3)