OT: Free TrackIR 3 with vector & track clip pro

I upgraded to TIR 5 with pro clip just before Christmas (well worth it for those thinking of it)

As such I have my old TIR 3 with vector expansion and pro clip doing nothing and thought someone may like it.

Please reply to this thread if you would like the chance to 'win' it and then I'll get my daughter to pick a post number at random and that will be the winner.

Please only post if you want this for your personal use and can't afford to buy one yourself. This is to help those a little less fortunate than myself. I don't want to give it away only to see it being sold on ebay or give it to someone who can afford such items with ease.

I'll choose a post on Saturday 13th - contact them via PM and then send it to them

Regards

JP

• Like 4

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Very nice of you

I have never had a headtracking device and have been wanting one for a while. I am a recent college grad and consider myself underemployed at the moment. Theres always something that comes up that is higher priority so I am never able to save up for one.

I dont post much here but I am a frequent lurker and have been playing ED's sims since the Flanker days.

I would definitely appreciate any version of track ir.

Thank you for the thought, very kind of you. :)

I am the alpha and the omega

I reckon I'll throw my hat in the ring, an unemployed lad just outside Michigan's jewel of Flint, Michigan :)

I too have an X45, and my attempts to use the X45 hat switch for anything helmet-sight related in Lock On or Black Shark have thus met in awkward dances, exacerbated somewhat by the odd fact that the 'down' direction on both hats switches don't really seem to work anymore. (I'm not sure whether that happens with time, or I just really need to look down a lot.) The idea of natural head movement, suffice it to say, has intrigued me for some time.

And good luck and fortune to all involved!

(enter old man with piercing eyes)

'How did you spend your Saturday?'

'Were you laughing with your friends while flying your favorite flight sim... looking out the cockpit effortlessly with your TrackIR?'

'Meet little Dougie.'

'He's not laughing with his friends. Each day Dougie struggles to stay alive because he can't change views and fire a Vikhr at the same time.'

'For the generous donation of your old TrackIR3, little Dougie can laugh again, and maybe.. just maybe.. live to fight another day.'

'Won't you help?'

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I've got a TIR3w/vector too and have been considering moving up to TIR5. What kind of difference do you notice between the two?

Not to put down my trusty old TIR3 but I have found the 5 to be much more responsive in tracking - much smoother in game than the 3 and more precise. However the 3 is still a good bit of kit!

----

lol StrongHarm

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...