TV Bombing Question

On page 245 of the LOMAC manual it says that I can dumb-bomb with the aid of the Shkval. I follow the steps exactly in the manual but my bombs never drop. The arrow goes down the left side of the hud but it never reaches the bottom. It almost gets there and then climbs back up the hud. I have my laser on and it is working, I am flying right at the steering guide while holding the trigger down but no release.

Help?:helpsmilie:

Perhaps you're not going fast enough? If not, the target is beyond release parameters before the bombs are close enough to the target for release.

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Sometimes all it takes is a bad attempt at locking the target. Try fiddling with target box size increase/decrease, if you already didnt so.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Or too high. Its not working above 3400-400 m above target alt.

For example, FAB-500 can be dropped from 3800 m, 600 km/h. But, cos bomb slows down quite a lot (from top speed of 780 km/h down to 650 km/h), and cos of a big distance, it can easily miss the targeted spot.

Make sure there is a diamond on HUD. No diamond, no drop. Keep speed steady. From time to time turn on the laser for a sec or to to correct the distance calculation.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Make sure you havent switched the laser range finder on too early, it will turn itself off after about 2min because it overheats, then you have to wait a few minuites more before it become active again.

Intel core2 E6600 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800gts 500mb. Saitek X45.

I just tried bombing with a KAB-500Kr and they hit the mark no problem.

I set up on target at level flight, turn on Shkval targeting on what I want to attack. Turn laser on. Waited for the bomb to get within parameters and release. Turn away from target and it hit the target every time.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

@mvsgas - Lanzfeld is talking about level bombing with dumb bombs, using Shkval to acquire target :)

@Lanzfeld - lets repeat the procedure, in short, but this time using autopilot (AP):

- Assume the initial position, say 3500 m and 600 km/h.

- Locate and lock the target using Shkval. If too far away, target box may not snap onto target, but it ain't important.

- Re-align the Su-25T toward the target, steady up speed and alt before turning the AP on, as much as possible.

- Turn the AP on using key ALT+6 (AP ROUTE).

- When AP stabilizes the altitude, play with throttle to keep your speed stable as possible. Whatever alt or spd you get after turning AP on, it ain't important, just try to keep the speed steady.

- Press and hold the trigger. If diamond appears, you will be able to release bombs.

Procedure is the same as without AP, but this will give you some idea of what you are looking for

Laser is not mandatory, but it will improve accuracy. It is not needed to have it on all the time, just 2-3 times for 2-3 secs. It improves accuracy, cos AP calculates release point on basis of your relative alt over ground and speed. Target may be lower or higher above sea level in relation to the point over which you were flying when turning AP on. Distance on HUD is calculated by AP. I've observed 4-6 km difference between that distance, and distance measured by laser.

After locking the target, you can move designator box around and AP will correct for that. But, don't cover large distances.

Yes, I've tried all bombs and almost all altitudes. I've made some tables with optimum alt/spd per bomb type, but cannot find it now. Still, you can always be sure that 3000-3500 m and 500-600 km/h will do the best result.

What were you alt/spd parameters and bomb type?

I can make a track for you, give some time....

Edited by Renato71

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Thanks Renato71 for all those tips.

I have never had any problem in any sim deploying weapons as I love to read manuals to get the details.

I am also a very experienced pilot in real life so flying these planes is not a problem. Single engine ILS with no flight director? No problem.

But I am missing something here. Maybe it is the speed. I think I was doing closer to 500 IAS during the run but it really shouldnt matter, as you have said, as long as I keep the speed constant. I will make some bomb runs today and post back here later. Thanks again for the step by step.