Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4720 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I REALLY hope they will do a F-4 E/F, because of the number of countries that it could be used for, US, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Australia, and Israel, to name a few. I have bit of a soft spot for the double-ugly as well...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS EE lightning

surely this aircraft deserves a place in the DCS enviroment, it's been sadly overlooked, and it's comparitively simple systems, I would imagine, be easier to get data for.... just an idea

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

surely this aircraft deserves a place in the DCS enviroment, it's been sadly overlooked, and it's comparitively simple systems, I would imagine, be easier to get data for.... just an idea

Where would you get the idea of it's comparitively simple systems. It has one of the most integrated systems of any aircraft flying today. It is extremely complex. I would check out the internet and you will see from what has been released to the public, How complex this aircraft really is.:book: Cheers.

rattler

Where would you get the idea of it's comparitively simple systems. It has one of the most integrated systems of any aircraft flying today. It is extremely complex. I would check out the internet and you will see from what has been released to the public, How complex this aircraft really is.:book: Cheers.

rattler

Perhaps you are the one would should check out the internet before posting. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Electric_Lightning

bg.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Quote taken from SIMHQ forum:

A: Molly Wagstaff: Yes, our next DCS aircraft will indeed be a very popular U.K./Italian/German variable wing aircraft. It is too early to lift the curtain on it, but based on our customers feedback, we are confident there will be a lot of very happy flight simmers.

Trust me! I't a fake. They're dead wrong ... the quote that I've got says something quite different (see above). I think it's just wishful thinking on the OP's part. :P

Oh, and let me be the first to welcome Molly Wagstaff (whom I presume is helping out with DCS announcements), to the High Fidelity Digital Combat Flight Simulator Community (H.F.D.C.S.C). Welcome Molly! :D

If only this were true, 600mph + at 60ft through the mach loop would make for an interesting training level.... it would be worth the price of the sim on its own infact!! My love for the tornado was very much rekindled at waddington airshow last week, the role demo team are amazing. and its now 30 years old, what a birthday present getting a DCS module would be :)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Oddly enough though, Brian Cox went up in a lightning for one of his Wonders of the Solar System episodes to go high altitude in it. I recall him mentioning that he couldn't disclose the ceiling of the plane (or the max speed, can't remember which!), which indicates some of the spec's are still classified?

Oddly enough though, Brian Cox went up in a lightning for one of his Wonders of the Solar System episodes to go high altitude in it. I recall him mentioning that he couldn't disclose the ceiling of the plane (or the max speed, can't remember which!), which indicates some of the spec's are still classified?

Well there is the tale of one Lightning intercepting a U2 spy plane over the UK.

The only "combat" that the RAF lightning seen was shooting down a Harrier after the pilot had ejected, so could we say that it was combat proven? ;)

But the harrier got it's own back on the Lightning, the Lightning pilots after beating the F15 to 30,000 feet issued a challenge to the Harrier pilots but while the lightning was still taxiing to the runway the Harrier did a vertical take off from the pan and got to 10,000ft before the lightning got off the ground

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

oh yeah, I actually remember that...... I just mean that compared to other aircraft in development it would be easier to get hold of the hard facts.... The UK's only home built mach 2+ fighter if my memory serves me well...

Edited by magpie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sound inside the cockpit from that episode - just wow. :thumbup:

I have wondered many times if this sound is unique for the Lightning or it is something we're missing out on in the FC/DCS/3'rd party family.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I think it was the last UK built airframe.

I thought that honour went to the TSR2 and it was faster than the lightning and parts of the program lead to the Tornado.

Part 4 of this series at 7:35 mentions the first and only time Roland Beamont took the TSR2 supersonic and left the Lightning chase plane behind.

Clan Cameron

The sound inside the cockpit from that episode - just wow. :thumbup:

I have wondered many times if this sound is unique for the Lightning or it is something we're missing out on in the FC/DCS/3'rd party family.

The lightning has been flown by civilian pilots for many years in Cape Town South Africa, so I would think that most of the cats are out of the bag now :)

http://thundercity.com/lightning.htm

A few times I have concidered packing my bags and heading there for a flight, but the wife would kill me if I did!

Clan Cameron

I thought that honour went to the TSR2 and it was faster than the lightning and parts of the program lead to the Tornado.

Part 4 of this series at 7:35 mentions the first and only time Roland Beamont took the TSR2 supersonic and left the Lightning chase plane behind.

Ah the Tactical, Recon, Strike plane... sabarchrged by the yanks cos it was better then theirs....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The lightning has been flown by civilian pilots for many years in Cape Town South Africa, so I would think that most of the cats are out of the bag now :)

http://thundercity.com/lightning.htm

A few times I have concidered packing my bags and heading there for a flight, but the wife would kill me if I did!

I've considered it a few times myself,

I think its a really good contender for DCS World, very iconic, very fast, and as I've said, compared to other aircraft in development, much simpler systems,

and I'd love to see some big lightning formations again........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah the Tactical, Recon, Strike plane... sabarchrged by the yanks cos it was better then theirs....

they made us destroy all the engineering jigs, think we were getting to close to the ideas they were forming at the skunkworks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was in UK service.

The Jag was Anglo-French

Tonka was Anglo-Italian/German

Could of been the Harrier though but the GR 5/7 av8-b is moer American then British.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

and it is on youtube too :D

It was the ill-fated ZU-BEX that he went up in

Clan Cameron