diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the F-15E is useful. But just for the USAF, not for the USN! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Of course the F-15E is useful. But just for the USAF, not for the USN! ;)

Yes USN has the F-18 ahhh carrier ops.....

But a nice F-15E with AI partner or player would be a nice add to the DCS series....

Edited by Shinigami

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it indeed would, but i seriously doubt that ED, or any other developer could program an AI smart and complex enough to operate in the front/back seat of a fighter realistically, if they could, and would do the F15E or super hornet, i'd jizz my pants every day.. twice...for the rest of my life.. ;)

WOOOOoooooo

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz Black edition

8GB DDR3 1333

GeForce GTX580

Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure, when the current AI basically climbs at a vertical angle to try and reach your altitude while stalling about 27 times in the process and falling behind about 50 miles I'm not too sure it could handle flying the F-15E while you tinker with radar/weapons.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

why not...

ok voted for Tomcat but i miss really the Panavia Tornado IDS and or ADV ? :cry: This is my 1st choice, the doubleseater IDS, ADV or ECR Variant. Better all 3 ! :). So i think 99$ is a good Price for all 3 Variants. :thumbup:

it indeed would, but i seriously doubt that ED, or any other developer could program an AI smart and complex enough to operate in the front/back seat of a fighter realistically, if they could, and would do the F15E or super hornet, i'd jizz my pants every day.. twice...for the rest of my life.. ;)

Your are wrong, the AI fly well in DCS and in expert mode fight relatively well, so Is posible

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carrier operations just adds that one extra skill to be mastered above all the rest of the stuff you need to learn for these complicated fighters. Although I voted for the F/A-18, as far as I'm concerned, any current carrier based fighter would do.

Those who think they everything about aviation, are particularly annoying to those of us that really do ;)

Your are wrong, the AI fly well in DCS and in expert mode fight relatively well, so Is posible

What would be considered flying "well?" Because from what I've seen that is primarily not the case. Even ground units. When I put their skill to excellent and I nuke one of their AA units they don't even try to take cover or drive somewhere safer. I've seen the one tank try and run in WAGS video but other than that I haven't seen it. Maybe I'm missing something in the editor that I have to script? Either way, there would have to be a HUGE improvement in AI for the multi-cockpit to work out.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

GR9 and FA2 in a pack would be awesome though :)

I agree although I'm not sure the Harrier is going to be around much longer if it is still in service. DCS might not get a contract. Don't know what we're going to put on RN ships since the F-35 isn't going to enter service for ages. We'll start launching paper airplanes of carriers.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I agree although I'm not sure the Harrier is going to be around much longer if it is still in service. DCS might not get a contract. Don't know what we're going to put on RN ships since the F-35 isn't going to enter service for ages. We'll start launching paper airplanes of carriers.

Harrier went out of service at the start of the year mate, they are looking at selling the airframes to someone at the moment. Yanks, Spain and India are the favourites to buy at the moment and there is enough training material to probably not warrant a contract.

Its a sad state of affairs the whole Carrier/GR9/F35 balls up.

Interesting to see that Wags mentioned in the official updates today that a new model E-2D hawkeye will be included in the 1.1.08 update for A-10C?? Hmm...carrier based AEW aircraft?? The conspiracy theories run wild... :lol:

You beat me to it automag928. I think he's throwing subtle hints into what is next to come. They seem to be focusing more on naval hardware which leads me to believe the F-18 will be our next study sim.:music_whistling: I hope so.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

You seem to have totally missed the point of DCS. It is to take all the detailed specifications and information about a combat aircraft and recreate it in an extremely detailed simulation. That's quite hard to do with something that has never existed, right?

Edited by JS

You beat me to it automag928. I think he's throwing subtle hints into what is next to come.

People were saying the same thing about the new F-15 models and all the screenshots in the installer. Could just be that someone somewhere decided to improve the pretty-dated looking E-2 model, just 'cos they felt like it.

Hopefully someone will decide to update the C-17 model, too... :music_whistling:

This may sound blasphemous to many of you out there...but DCS: X-Wing? or maybe DCS: TIE Intercepter?

I'm not really sold on the whole concept of itty bitty space fighters. :D What I think would be cool would be a study-sim of a 'Battlemech'. You could do some really interesting things with 'slightly future' technology with that sort of platform. But, DCS isn't where it's going to happen, methinks. :)

You guys are so pulling everything out of thin air :lol:

Just stirring up the community. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals