diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont need proofs. my jedi foresight senses the viper presense is strong in the ED

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

Puuuhhh lucky us, you're not really a Jedi! *g*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Wow, you guys actually need machines to fly? It's nice that I'm Kryptonian.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

wags has given us the answer . check the update section.

What DCS:E-3 or DCS:Ticonderoga? ;)

(I'll take either. :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm already testing DCS F16 out :joystick:, they did a great job! :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

No , I mean the updated Ticonderoga gave him away .

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind thinking updated graphical models for AI units provides any insight whatsoever into what the next DCS module will be. I mean firstly there's the fact that a pretty 3D model is like 1% of the work required to make a flyable aircraft. Secondly there's the whole "the updated USAF assets aren't a clue, only the updated US naval assets are!" thing (or vice versa) - what's the reasoning there? But more importantly, what mysterious force would force ED to release these graphical updates in the current sim? If they're trying to keep the next module a secret, then it would make sense to keep any new/updated models which hint at what the next module will be under wraps until the next module is actually announced.

There's also an assumption that because a new model is being included now that it must be a recent piece of work. Some of these may have been worked on for a very long time, perhaps even before the next module was actually known - we simply don't know anything of their history. So any speculation about their deeper meaning is pretty futile.

While the simplest answer is clearly that these particular models have been updated because someone felt like updating them, if you were determined to read anything into the updated models, the logical conclusion would be that they're all red herrings intended to throw us off the scent of what the next module is. So for a clue as to the next module, we should be looking at the assets which aren't being updated/added. :D

P.S. I've been playing F 18 Carrier Landing on my phone lately, so I hope the next module is a hornet.

Because you recognised you're unable to connect your Warthog to your smartphone? ;P

• Like 1

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Nomdeplume, I like the way you are thinking, sir. :)

jp203000, you need to stop looking for patterns. An updated 3D model means... an updated 3D model. There's a LOT of models getting updated all the time, and every time one pops up in a patch, product, installer, or development update, there's a rally of people saying this means X will be the next thing... Go by that logic, and the next DCS product is every single aircraft the US ever made, all of them, at the same time... :P

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I wouldn't be surprised if the next module would be an F-15C, with some role bending to allow for A/G ops.

I really would be...

:helpsmilie:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5