X65F -- lots of frustrations

Got the X65F set up, and I must say I am very frustrated. In no way does this compare to the Cougar I think.

Black Shark on Win7 x64

It doesn't even work. I can map the buttons using DirectX (which I prefer over keyboard mapping), but DirectX doesn't see all the buttons and all the axes. So, the ones that it doesn't see, I figured I'd map them using the SST software, but no matter what the profiles will not load. It says the profile is loaded but when I press buttons no keystrokes are generated, period.

Also, I can't map the microstick axes to the Shkval. I can do it using bands but I'd rather that the axes show up in DirectX for finer control.

OpenFalcon on WinXP x86

At least the SST actually works; I can map keyboard commands using the software, apply the profile, and when I press buttons key-presses are generated. Here's the problem: if I map a button to a key in SST, but then unmap it, it's gone from DirectX forever. And there's no easy way to unmap DirectX controls in OpenFalcon. So now I have some buttons that do two things (they have a keyboard map and a DirectX map in OpenFalcon), and no easy way to make them do just one thing. I will have to edit the OpenFalcon config files to unmap the DirectX map, and just use the keyboard map, because once you go keyboard, there's no going back to DirectX.

Also, as in Win7, I can't map the microstick X and Y axes to DirectX axes; I have to use bands.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Thx for warning us, I had similar situation (actually worse with my G940).

But try sort it out your problems first before blaming the hardware. Saitek usually provides good support so those issues probably are going to be addressed. Just make sure you visit their forums.

Cheers.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Signed up for an account on the Saitek forums but I've been waiting for admin approval for hours now ... I am understandably pretty eager to get my new purchase working. I hope the forums are filled with answers. :)

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

I takes the admins a while. It is afterall an international company :)

First do a search for "X65" and "X65F"

READ through the returned threads. Someone may have very well already addressed the same problem and a fix may have already been posted. MNo sense in making a new thread.

Examples:

Watch this one: http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=18657&highlight=X65F

Support replied in this one: http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=18606&highlight=X65F

:)

There is a limit on axis per device for DirectX. This is the reason why ministick of X52 is not seen as 2 axis by games. I am almost sure that X65 has the same problem, unless throttle and stick are recognized as separate controllers by Windows, however this is not very likely as there is only single USB cable.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

I thought there was some kind of virtual joystick tool that could solve this problem? Basically turn your X65F into two virtual joysticks?

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

I thought there was some kind of virtual joystick tool that could solve this problem? Basically turn your X65F into two virtual joysticks?

It will probably use the same DirectX as it is the way to access game controller in universal way (without knowing the internals of controller). So, the limits will be the same.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

TOO MUCH SOLARIUM! Both girls within 5 years will look like dried-out-grandma.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'll stick with me good old Suncom SFS Combo.

Double throttle works perfect........:pilotfly:

The throttle unit:

imgSFSThrottle.jpg

The stick unit:

imgSFSTalon.jpg

The set uses a gameport connection.That's a bit of a problem to newer systems.

I use a Soundblaster Audigy 2 with a gameport connection.

I can add the unit at the Gamecontroller section in the configurationscreen as 4 axis 4 buttons controller.

In FC2 i can add the left and right engine to the throttle unit.

Edited by Emmer

What is the difference on the X65 and the X65F?

X65 has an F missing. Unless you are referring to the Samsung X65.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

An update ... resigned to my fate since the X65F does not come with an axis-remapping tool like the Cougar does, I've decided to figure out why the keypresses aren't happening in Win7. I called up the MadCatz support line, and after being on hold for 5 minutes, got redirected to voicemail. (This is during their business hours.) Tried again, same thing.

So I thought maybe I downloaded the wrong drivers -- I need Win7 x64 after all, and I think I just installed whatever was on the CD. So I go to the Saitek driver page, which is taking an excruciatingly long time to load. I am sitting here waiting for it to populate a menu of options so that I can FINALLY choose the correct drivers to download.

Still no luck accessing the Saitek forums.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Eww... What happened to the human gene-pool? :fear:

TOO MUCH SOLARIUM! Both girls within 5 years will look like dried-out-grandma.

as if you had anything better! :D

what a bunch of picky guys ahaha

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Ah, looks like reinstalling the drivers did the trick. Mayhaps the ones on the CD were not x64 compatible? Anyway, drivers are reinstalled, keypresses work now, and there's only one problem left: Getting the keypress delays to work in F4AF so that my speed brakes open and close incrementally instead of all-or-nothing.

Still no Foxy, but I'm happier than before.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Ah, looks like reinstalling the drivers did the trick. Mayhaps the ones on the CD were not x64 compatible? Anyway, drivers are reinstalled, keypresses work now, and there's only one problem left: Getting the keypress delays to work in F4AF so that my speed brakes open and close incrementally instead of all-or-nothing.

Still no Foxy, but I'm happier than before.

You can program those things with macros.

Normally you just do basic mapping in the STT software. If you chose macro, you can assign key for different actions, like in FOXY: press, release and hold. Of course you need to map the right key combinations: Open/Close brakes instead of toggle brakes ;) - because even if you map incremental keys to buttons, they only work as long as they are depressed.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD