efA MoD basic

little-Dog

So can you use folding wings key command with F-15 cockpit ?

What about arrester hook and refeling boom key commands for Tomcat with F-15 cockpit ? Are these also work ?

Yes, they do, except for the refueling part.By the way, even AIs won't refuel in a Tomcat or Hornet. And, sadly, refueling doesn't seem to work for playable F-16s (though it works for AIs).

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK downloaded the efa basis mod and I still get this ..\blackshark\modules\me_logbook.lua:147 attempt to :index field'country_byid" (a nil valve)

Does anyone know of a way to fix this. Little dog and the efa group put too much work into this for it not to work for some of us. ( Plus it really P*SSES me off.:mad:

Could use any and all help on this., please.

Thanks in advance.

exact same problem here.

i try a DL from another server

Jaeger

That is one of the Reasons why in the efA MoD the F15 Cockpit is used for the F14 ;) and the second one, you cant land with a Russian Cockpit on American Carriers.

Hi little-dog. FYI: The VNAO F/A-18F (currently in a closed beta) used a MiG-29 cockpit (for multi-role stuff) and you can land on the Nimitz (Eisenhower actually) ok. VNAO F-14D uses F15 cockpit. Dunno what VNAO's Wraith did to get it to work (besides his usual 'magic').

Hi little-dog. FYI: The VNAO F/A-18F (currently in a closed beta) used a MiG-29 cockpit (for multi-role stuff) and you can land on the Nimitz (Eisenhower actually) ok. VNAO F-14D uses F15 cockpit. Dunno what VNAO's Wraith did to get it to work (besides his usual 'magic').

Sadly I didn't use any 'magic' at all, any of the Russian pits land fine on the carrier. We are useing the Mig-29C(german mig) pit for our Hornet currently, its prolly the best platform to use for a multi role aircraft if you want standard units(alt in feet, speed in knots)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Surely you mean MiG-29G ? Anyway, I didn't notice any obvious problem or crash whatever the cockpit used. But I still think the F-15 fits it better (but, with limitations - for some who want to really use as many capabilities as possible, I agree MiG-29G is a wise choice)

Bleh, yeah I ment Mig-29G lol, sorry, what I get for posting when I just get off work tired. F-15 pit is nice for TWS and the up to 12 Aim-120s that the Superbug carries, as well as the ILS bars for landing, but thats about it. You almost totally lose out on any decently useable A2G capability for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just DL'd, and installed file by file to skip db_countires as recommended with the other mod. That took forever..

Good work, but noticed a few things..

1. Could not get air to ground mode on F4 Phantom to work when carrying Mk82's.

2. Max speed on BAE Harrier is limited to that of the A-10 (cockpit used), could barely break 280 Kts. (Harrier is capable of over 560 kts)

2. Some tectures of ALQ pod (i think that's what it's called, don't fly USAF stuff) missing. Could be another mod interfering.

Just DL'd, and installed file by file to skip db_countires as recommended with the other mod. That took forever..

2. Max speed on BAE Harrier is limited to that of the A-10 (cockpit used), could barely break 280 Kts. (Harrier is capable of over 560 kts)

2. Some tectures of ALQ pod (i think that's what it's called, don't fly USAF stuff) missing. Could be another mod interfering.

2 of these problems I addressed over on the lockonfiles thread. these were;

1, The F-15C cockpit does not have an air to ground mode. it would be best to use a Ru Cockpit instead, perhaps the MiG-29G for its imperial HUD but afaik that brings up problems in deploying mavericks.

2, When using the A-10A cockpit for the harrier not only is its speed reduced but it cannot drop ordinance. The use of the Su-25T solves these problems somewhat.

Edited by Wolverine

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

1. This is just a small oversight. You can reactivate the Air to ground mode this way:

a) go to Config\Input\Aircrafts\f-4e phantom ii\keyboard\

b) open default.lua with a text editor other than notepad

c) scroll down to section "Modes", and delete the two dashes ("--") in front of the air-to-ground mode

d) delete any other file than default in the "keyboard" folder

e) done ! You now have a working air-to-ground mode ;)

3. The exact name of the pod (or any non-ambiguous description) would allow testers to investigate

Yes. There's one of everything flyable in EFA on stallturn.com. Mission ain't flash but externals are on so you can do some nice movies (using lottu of course :)). Landing a B-52 "Buff" nicely is a lot different to an Eagle.

Thanks for pointing that out jalebru/Wraith.

All of the aircraft borrow a pit from one of the normal flyables in FC. Well for the time being anyway, until we start getting community cockpits.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Not only community Cockpits... The big Problem is that at the moment its not possible to add new Cockpits. Only to replace the actual cockpits with new Cockpits. So the Question is if ED is interested in make it for the community possible to add new Cockpits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it working!!!!

Hey dog, mudpuppy here, don't know how but I got efa mod working, Hot damn!!!!! Now one question, I keep reading about taking F-15 cockpit and putting it in F-14 to fly, or 25T for harrier. HOW ??????:huh:

AMD FX-8320 EIGHT CORE PROCESSOR 16 GB RAM RADEON RV 480 WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

Isn't the F-15 cockpit used for F-14 by default ?

Anyway, to change cockpit attribution (example with the 25T on Harrier)

- go to Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common

- open CustomHuman.lua (not with Notepad, try Notepad++ or Wordpad)

- look for the line CustomHumanData[PlaneType.AV_8B ] = CWSType.iCWS_A_10

- change A_10 to Su_25t and voilà, it's done ;)