Missiles Wont Fire

thaFunkster

Ok, I am no newbie here, been playing 1.12 for around a year. As I posted in the General Section, ED you have done a great job on FC2, I am really delighted with it.

Now the only problem is with the controls. I loaded my old X52 Lock On profile, and some things work as they are supposed to, some things, (minor details, like oh, say firing missiles :music_whistling: ) do not work at all.

Now I have all the keys mapped through my profile to the keyboard keys, so Button 2 on my joystick corresponds to 'Enter' on the keyboard, or 'Fire Weapon'.

Now this just does not work, every time I hit it, it just unlocks my target.

Ok I thought I will try another way, so I tried mapping the Joystick Button 2 to the Fire Weapon as well as the Release Weapon function in the FC2 Options.

Still the same thing.

Ok, as a test I tried firing using the Enter Key on the Keyboard - still, all it does is Unlocks my Target. I cant fire a damn missile! What is going on please?

Well if you look in the options menu you'll see that the keys have been entirely remapped. You need to redo your profile, more or less from scratch... But you'll see there's PDFs in the Docs section which lists the default commands.

And once you have the right keys mapped you'll then find you can't shoot again (BeachAV8R was right..), you have to hold the button down for at least two seconds before the weapon will launch.

So you may need to include a Hold command in your profile, don't know how it works never used the X52.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Weapon fire shoots guns, bombs, missiles, etc in russian airplanes. For F-15 and A-10 it just fires guns, to fire bombs, rockets or missiles you press weapon release.

You need to keep them pressed down 1-2 seconds (except to fire the gun)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

So what is the difference between 'Fire Weapon' or whatever it was called (Enter) and 'Release Weapon' (Alt+Space)??

In russian planes you can fire cannon and missiles with the same button, in american you have 2 one for cannon (fire weapon) and the other for missiles (bombs) : release weapon.

in other words you don't "release" cannon shells :)

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

O yeah, duh guys, I should have known that :P

Well, I mapped 'Release Weapon to the button 2 on my X52, the moment I tap it (to begin holding) it just deselects my target.

So, I cleared the keys in options, went to the X52 profile editor, and mapped Ralt + Space to Button 2...Same thing happens.

Only way I can fire is to take hands off stick, reach over to the keyboard and hold Ralt + Fire - hardly a satisfactory situation, and making pretty much impossible to ever fire an Aim9 or R77...

Thanks for all your help so far, but any X52 users also having this issue?

Did you, by any chance, "save profile" in one aircraft and "load profile" in another?

Save and load profile is only to save different profiles for one same aircraft 8if you just use one profile, you don't even need to save it, just click ok). If you load in a different aircraft you just broken controls for it.

Also, for saitek users, when you setup that command, if you keep the button pressed it just makes a "tap-untap-tap-untap" continuously so the sim doesen't detect it as kept pressed, you need to setup an advanced command so when you tap it it just says "tap" without any untap. Easiest way is to leave that command configured in-game and not via profile.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Re-Map the Weapons-Release command to a single keypress (Mine mapped to downarrow) and see if that helps.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'