Needs some help on Cougar Hotas!

I did a fresh install of Cougar Hotas software that was download from http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=50&cid=1

and i ran it for the first time with FC viper COUGAR HOTAS profile. The results were i coulnt not get my engine to start, some of the navigations dint work for like changing lights in cockpit or turning on electronics!

I dont know what i am doing wrong but i cant get off the ground and i need help.

I only used the software that was downloaded from the website, since it already had foxy built into it but ive gone to official cougar hotas website and they had old files and foxy 4.0 and from reading it I got all confused and something is not right here! Ive heard there was a updated file version 2.04 but all of the links to the site are not working!

I would love to use my HOTAS soon as possible!

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

yes, FC2.

And you do use COUGAR HOTAS? Does the program in FC2 can support three modes switch on my cougar like Nav, A2A, A2G?

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

yes i have a cougar. Yes, I switch modes with it like a2a,a2g, and everything else. It has modifers you can assign to a button to give you different modes if you want. I am no expert on foxy, I only know I have no problems with out it. Im sure other people have there own opinions.

I would have to agree with you and using the ingame configurations. The problem is im not good on the fuctions that are in control option and how to make them work properly with my cougar.

I tried to work with it in FC 1.1 and it was different than in FC2 and has more to it. I just need to find tutorial for setting it up that way or have somebody else that can assist with my foxy!

Thanks for the help.

In foxy I compile the joystick configuration with FC viper profile and set up game and its directory. I launch the game from Foxy and it goes through but when i used the launcher and i go from there it gives me a error saying it cant find the game directory.

What keyboard setup do you use (qwerty, azerty, qwertz,...) because this makes a big difference. I could send you my profile but that's made for an azerty keyboard and if you don't use an azerty, it would mess (read mix) things up a bit.

Another question to ask yourself is for what keyboard the Viper files are made and if they are made for the default game keyboard setup.

Also, within Foxy, use the KeyTester to see what keys (or keycombo's) the Cougar generates and check these against your game keyboard setup.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Foxy is program for create profiles, not for launch sims, although it may be.

Please use Hotas Cougar Control Panel (CCP) for admin and active profiles. The CCP is create for setup Cougar, load profiles, and admin in general Cougar.

Steeps for active the profile..

1- Click in the Icon of the Desktop HOTAS Cougar Control Panel, also called CCP.

iconoe.jpg

2- Click in the boton Download to Devide...

down1h.jpg

3- Click in Download.

down2.jpg

4- Select the profile and click in Open.

down3.jpg

5- Appear a window showing status of the download of the profile to the Cougar must appear OK. Return to the main window.

down4r.jpg

6- Click in the Red button, so that it becomes Green, then the profile to be active. You can fly.

act1.jpg

When you are done flying, you must return to press the Green button, that turns Red, to deactivate profile. Note that this profile is already loaded on the Cougar, so you not need download it again, if for example you reboot your computer, simply open the CCP, and press the Red button to put an green, this activates the profile. To load another profile, you must complete all the steps again.

Thanks for use my profile and sorry for my bad english.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

What keyboard setup do you use (qwerty, azerty, qwertz,...) because this makes a big difference. I could send you my profile but that's made for an azerty keyboard and if you don't use an azerty, it would mess (read mix) things up a bit.

Another question to ask yourself is for what keyboard the Viper files are made and if they are made for the default game keyboard setup.

Also, within Foxy, use the KeyTester to see what keys (or keycombo's) the Cougar generates and check these against your game keyboard setup.

I have Logitech G15 keyboard. When i load the profile, i cant even use keyboard to start the plane or anything else except i can eject, shoot flares and chaff...! Foxy and cougar is a mess, i cant believe they have such poor support for it.

Foxy is program for create profiles, not for launch sims, although it may be.

Please use Hotas Cougar Control Panel (CCP) for admin and active profiles. The CCP is create for setup Cougar, load profiles, and admin in general Cougar.

Steeps for active the profile..

1- Click in the Icon of the Desktop HOTAS Cougar Control Panel, also called CCP.

iconoe.jpg

2- Click in the boton Download to Devide...

down1h.jpg

3- Click in Download.

down2.jpg

4- Select the profile and click in Open.

down3.jpg

5- Appear a window showing status of the download of the profile to the Cougar must appear OK. Return to the main window.

down4r.jpg

6- Click in the Red button, so that it becomes Green, then the profile to be active. You can fly.

act1.jpg

When you are done flying, you must return to press the Green button, that turns Red, to deactivate profile. Note that this profile is already loaded on the Cougar, so you not need download it again, if for example you reboot your computer, simply open the CCP, and press the Red button to put an green, this activates the profile. To load another profile, you must complete all the steps again.

Thanks for use my profile and sorry for my bad english.

Did all of that and sum and still no results. I am still getting no response from my joystick except, i can close and open canopy, shoot flares, chaff and thats about it. Btw i mainly use Su-25T.

wtf.jpg

I get this error for some reason when i set my game path's for my profile and when i launch it give me this but when i set the parameters to FC2 non Multiplayer directory, it works.

wtf.jpg

I get this error for some reason when i set my game path's for my profile and when i launch it give me this but when i set the parameters to FC2 non Multiplayer directory, it works.

Direct access of desktop use this sintaxys.

Singleplayer - "E:\Juegos\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\Launcher.exe" --console

Multiplayer - "E:\Juegos\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe" --net gui

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Direct access of desktop use this sintaxys.

Singleplayer - "E:\Juegos\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\Launcher.exe" --console

Multiplayer - "E:\Juegos\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe" --net gui

I tried that and the FOXY tells me theres an error in how i set up the game. I switch it around and same results.

Used the information to input in "Runs the game" textbox and "Working directory" from top to bottom and bottom to top command paths and still no go. I used one from single player file and one from multiplayer file.

Also, when i use ccp the joystick has side effects in causing eighter a key binding from the joystick to make some keyboard key to be activated and go wild through my computer. Like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, uncontrollably but when i disconnect the throttle it stops.

Also, when i use ccp the joystick has side effects in causing eighter a key binding from the joystick to make some keyboard key to be activated and go wild through my computer. Like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, uncontrollably but when i disconnect the throttle it stops.

Can be a sticky switch. If the the character it generates is for example the , then look in your macrofile which macro should generate the , character and then check the joystick file to see to which key this macro is assigned to. It's the easiest way to see which switch on your throttle "sticks".

Then load up an empty profile and see if the same thing happens when nothing has been bond to any switch at all.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thats true but im not really solving anything in trying to get the profile or the joystick to activate in game.

I can set it up for singleplayer just fine and it only works when i start in midflight.

Now when i am on the ground i cant get it to turn on the engines or activate electronics to start anything.

I dont know what the deal is.

If you can't make the Cougar to turn on the engines then the Cougar profile simply doesn't put out the correct character (or character combo) to start your engines (or anything else for that matter). Period!

- Does the Cougar put out the correct character (combo)? You can check that through the key-tester in Foxy.

The default FC2.0 keyfile has the next combo for the

- Engines Start = Home + Rshift

- Engines Stop = End + Rshift

Does your Cougar profile put's out the RShift and Home string when you press your programmed button to start your engines (always on default setting)? If yes, it should work, if not either your profile is not active, your button is faulty or the output character string is not Rshift + Home. There's nothing more to it really.

The producing of continued keystrokes is sometimes caused by the Rng or Ant knobs being programmed to produce keys. If either of them are not centered to detent after the file is downloaded they can generate continued keystrokes as you described earlier. As pointed out earlier you need to make sure the file is downloaded to the stick properly as well.

You also mention you fly 25T. You need to turn on power rshift+L before engines will start. Sorry if you already knew this.

The Cougar is a great setup and Vipers files are first rate. Sorry you are having issues. Hopefully we can help you to sort it out. Looking at the above posts by these fine gentlemen I would say support is looking really good for you at this moment. Don't give up. Let us know how things are progressing.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

Main reason I never use someone else profile is because I don't know what they coded (especially if its some complicated profile with logical flags etc) so I always make my own. Foxy is great and unless profile is programmed wrong it always works fine. You need to double check Emulation is on, double check key assignments in TMM file are correct to game asignements and that TMJ file has no errors (not just code but logic in it also if it's using logical flags) but for this you need to learn the profile fully (again same reason I make my own)... also what PoleCat suggested do you turn on avionics first before turning on the engines, and also you do know throttle has to be idle or engines won't start?

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

You also mention you fly 25T. You need to turn on power rshift+L before engines will start. Sorry if you already knew this.

I fly the SU-25T a lot and thought "Hmm, that doesn't sound right", so I hopped in FC2 just now. You can start the engines without turning on the power.