CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

She gets an extra check-up by the doctor. What's the problem? Women get pregnant, that's just how it is.

I don't think I am against it, but... What happens when one of them gets preggers? Surface the boat chief?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

And besides - a normal pregnancy is 9 months. So if she gets pregnant during the deployment the commander might want to talk to her and whomever else was involved about the regulation definition of "hotbunking". Then when they get to port, she doesn't get called back out again on schedules that might make her go into labour during the trip.

And if she gets pregnant while at home, well, they're probably not going to ask her to step aboard one week before she's full term, are they?

No need to invent problems where none exist. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Oh I know they do. I am just thinking of the mission/national security issues that could come up. Specifically they are only allowed on boomers at the moment. I guess anything could happen though you know? Anyone could get sick/injured and might need to be removed from the boat to a hospital.

She gets an extra check-up by the doctor. What's the problem? Women get pregnant, that's just how it is.

I doubt that (known to be currently) pregnant crew members would be allowed to stay on board a nuclear reactor powered submarine (and capable of carrying nuclear weapons) for very long.

If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how they balance that concern against the boat's deployment requirements.

As I recall, pregnant female employees in commercial nuclear power plants get re-assigned to duties that keep them from getting exposure. Submarines during my time in the service probably couldn't implement such an approach on-board and still be within satisfactory limits. I don't know about later designs. The newer boats may have even lower dose areas, but I'm pretty sure the limits have tightened up also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Besides being pregnant she will start eating for 3 guys (and food portions are limited in a sub), and stirring conflicts, etc. etc. When that happens dump her on the first piece of land in sight. If there is none - surface, put her in a rubber boat and show her where the North is so that she can go there and cool down the emotions :bye_2:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I know they do. I am just thinking of the mission/national security issues that could come up.

What issues? While she is on board she doesn't even know where she is (unless she's Captain, XO or navigator I guess). While she's not on board she has no clue where the boat is. I see no way for a pregnancy to cause any issues at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Look on the bright side of mixed crews - imagine if there is women only crew!

- sub will take ages to leave the port until all the makeups are properly applied

- satellite internet bills will go skyhigh, and upon arrival from tour, port will be filled up with ebay orders

- it will surface on every sunny day, to catch up on tan

- it will be loud as hell, for all the chattering and arguing

- once a month World would come face to face with nuclear dooms day

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Look on the bright side of mixed crews - imagine if there is women only crew!

- sub will take ages to leave the port until all the makeups are properly applied

- satellite internet bills will go skyhigh, and upon arrival from tour, port will be filled up with ebay orders

- it will surface on every sunny day, to catch up on tan

- it will be loud as hell, for all the chattering and arguing

- once a month World would come face to face with nuclear dooms day

:megalol: