Free Falcon 5.5

asparagin

Like there's much of a competition out there anyway. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that from the person who made it. Awesome :D unbiased honesty! respect, but PS: its the best we have atm ;)

I'd like to believe both ED AFM and BMS5 have better flight models. For the BMS 5 case we

have real F-16 pilot comment on it and for ED AFM, well, ED has more than just 1 real world

operator testing these things ;). Again I dont have any data comparison, only "feeling".

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

What is the F-16 pilot comment on it?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What is the F-16 pilot comment on it?

"This is the most realistic non-military F-16 sim out there" (regarding the Flight Model)

It is rewritten from the core.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Doesn't matter if they impress you or not; to drive the point home, no one in RL does BFM with half fuel and only guns on the plane, nor do they drive as low as they can to do it.

Get my drift? ;)

What you do in simulation typically has little to nothing to do with what's done in RL for a variety of reasons, and even though you find them 'useless' for flight sims, they'd probably own you in 45 seconds flat in a real plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

A good "flight" model also requires good atmospheric modelling: the environment you fly into. If no rich variety of forces works on your surfaces, your complex model won't be "activated". So we need good weather/turbulence/air density modelling.

Imho the latest generation sims have in particular made progress in this regard. It is already a big leap I find from LO:FC to FC2, and I do enjoy FSX for it.

In the next generation of sims flying through an ash cloud should get you into serious trouble (or not?) ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't matter if they impress you or not; to drive the point home, no one in RL does BFM with half fuel and only guns on the plane, nor do they drive as low as they can to do it.

Get my drift? ;)

What you do in simulation typically has little to nothing to do with what's done in RL for a variety of reasons, and even though you find them 'useless' for flight sims, they'd probably own you in 45 seconds flat in a real plane.

May not even take that long. LOL:)

A good "flight" model also requires good atmospheric modelling: the environment you fly into. If no rich variety of forces works on your surfaces, your complex model won't be "activated". So we need good weather/turbulence/air density modelling.

Imho the latest generation sims have in particular made progress in this regard. It is already a big leap I find from LO:FC to FC2, and I do enjoy FSX for it.

In the next generation of sims flying through an ash cloud should get you into serious trouble (or not?) ;-)

Glad you brought wx up. I will tell you from past experience in the professional ATC world, for simulation, we used actual wx(weather) for that day and time in which simulation was provided and still the results are far from RL.:)

I met couple real pilots GG, some one them really know what they are talking about and im 4ears listening them !, some of them you really wonder, seriously.

Even you would wonder, im serious. So, sure its good to have folks who expirience flying for real, no doubt, but dude...sometimes *rolleyes*

Example: Yoda told us a real Flanker pilot was very impressed by 2.0 and thought its nice..as you know, the first DAY and first 3 turns we found out that it is

WRONG, which has been fixed with latest fix - and what an error. That much to "a real pilots said" or "i know someone, who knows someone, who flies for real" ..

The problem was not with the flanker ... here are the problems:

1. Military pilots fall into 2 categories: Those who want to help,and those who do not. They ALL know their stuff. From there on, either they check a small part of the sim and say 'yes its nice' or they dive deep. But let's face it, like any real person, they might not care that much about the sim.

2. Commercial pilots. Same categories, but not helpful for combat - rather other things.

3. Pilots with PPLs. There you find all kinds, and sometimes you do wonder.

Who says, that im flying BFM in sims with preseted fuelloads or merge on the deck always . This is what YOU know about virtual dogfigthing probably ;)

I probably know a lot more than you think I do, and probably a lot less than I think I do. ;)

(old crappy HL habbits) ..its way deeper then you think. Like an artist without profession, mastery comes with passion and time, and in this case, ONLY based on

real BFM, no way around !

Do you get MY drift :D =?

No, I really don't ... my study of BFM focuses more on how it's done in RL rather than BFM for BFM's sake. I don't practice it as often as I would like to so I am not very good at it.

Lockon 2.0 even supports my flying even more (even in 1.12 i tended not fly based on those habbits as you mentioned above, and partially 1.12 allows it) but in 2.0 BFM IS CREAM.

Waaaaaay better ...much much better !! also for many reasons.

Sorry dude, if it comes to BFM im not wasting my time with argumentations, all i can say is, i invite you with pleasure in a flight on coms....sharing some thoughts, having fun, flying changing crafts....all you wish. If you dont feel confident enought for that journey, sent me one who feels ready for it....after that your perspective will change ..im sure about that. But pitty is, even friendly invitations are often ignored, BUT "bla bla" ..:( ..I may sound cocky in this perspective, yes, but im confident -deeply- in what im saying..no offense, nothing.

In general I care very little for challenges; but I also don't mind flying them :D

The problem with 'friendly invitations' is that they turn out not to be friendly at all, either on the spot, or later (sometimes much later) ... in the end it is used as an excuse to show someone 'woo I BFM better than you' and that's pretty much all ... but this is blah blah ;)

PS: i dont know how to fly real jets, so they would PWN mE 100% in real, but IN MY AIRSPACE (virtual) none of them achieved that in a 1vs1 dogfight. ;)

Sure, I'm not arguing with that. I'm just saying you are basing your opinion on the wrong criteria IMHO, or perhaps I am overreacting to something you said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thank you A.S. for that insight. You are most likely to be correct in saying that you may own the virtual skies. Will not argue this point, although some may like to take you up on that. No big deal. You are also correct in saying that a RL pilot would not hold his own with you. I would agree to that. Once you have been trained on the RL a/c it would be extremely hard to step backwards and achieve success. That would probably hold true as long as the pilot is an active combat pilot. Retired and with time well I will leave that up to you. It is a valid point the virtual simulation and Rl are not even close in these kinds of sims. Nor will they. Thanks for that valid point.:thumbup::thumbup:

A.S. Sorry you seem to have missed a point. I agree with what you say. I was thanking you for acknowledging this difference.

I will pass on a fact that I do know because I have been fortunate to be in the company of real life combat trained F-18 pilots. The piece of information I will share has to do with the forces on the body. All of these pilots once they have completed a training exercise have had at least, a 2" decrease in their physical height do to the forces exerted. A temporary condition of the spine compressing. This is true for everyone of them. We don't feel those forces nor never will unless you are very lucky to have a fam. flight in a combat a/c. There are many more examples of what the human body goes through during combat and combat training. As you say we sit very comfortable in our chairs.

It is also a fact that new pilots who have played with combat simulators and have gone on to be combat pilots , that their actual training time has been shortened due to exposure to PC combat simulators. Sorry if you misunderstood me.:thumbup:

• 1 year later...