ServMan v2.5 (beta) for FC2 and DCS

Panzertard

can player ID's be used to automatically login pre-selected players? For instance a command "/register 'ourpassword'" is used. From that point on whenever the player joins a server they will automatically have squad or admin level rights.

Good idea.

I'll add it on the wishlist :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I just got word of why this is happening - a new feature reveals airdrome only to the side you're on.

Server = no side, so no airdrome.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO......................

There goes the possibility of making a stats page using events.lua :shocking::cry::cry_2:

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO......................

There goes the possibility of making a stats page using events.lua :shocking::cry::cry_2:

Not yet ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Case, thanks - right on it.

Breakshot, unfortunately no "on_shoot" event in the game engine, no. Can't be done. So no way to check whats being fired.

Ok, but "On Kill" event can be done right? So, for example if player A kills player B with any weapon that should't be on his plane = instant kick/ban

Thats still alot better than nothing... so one illegal kill and the offender is immediatly dealt with... or it can be managed the same way as TKs are now...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Ok, but "On Kill" event can be done right? So, for example if player A kills player B with any weapon that should't be on his plane = instant kick/ban

Thats still alot better than nothing... so one illegal kill and the offender is immediatly dealt with... or it can be managed the same way as TKs are now...

That can be done, but it's a bit tricky:

- Sometimes we wont get the weapon, sometimes we do get the weapon.

- Then we need to verify the weapon and killed against a db of known "good combinations" or "bad combinations".

- Someone need to make a decision on which airunit + weapon is allowed and which one's arent.

It would require a bit of coding - as well as access to the unit-/weapon-database (doesn't exist in servman) - so it's quite a lot of work.

Thats why Im wondering if it's really worth doing - compared to using IC, which is already in place.

Any word on how to fix this Panzer?

I've got an additional tip from c0ff on how to bring the data to the debrief.log. We'll see if that works.

A week or so.

I've got an additional tip from c0ff on how to bring the data to the debrief.log. We'll see if that works.

A week or so.

Very interesting. So you're saying you get the data from the debrief.log?

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I've gotten a word that some of you folks had problems getting it working for DCS 1.0.2?

I'll probably need a bit more information, these files from your server .\Temp:

- Error.log

- network-nnnnnnnn-nnnn.log

- ServMan-Serverlog-nnnnnnnn-nnnn.log

And keep in mind, the "Intergrity Check" may break your server-configuration.

Configuration *must* be working before you can run ServMan.

Edited by Panzertard

WOTE: Panzer for president :D

Updating my testserver and a new production server where missions soon will be public.

Q: Is there any plans for a "global" ban list where we can subscribe? And maybe contribute to if our servers are wacked by hooligans? :poster_ban:

(HJ)

Offer my server for testing...

Let me know.

I very much appreciate the hard work going into Servman, so thanks and I would like to help. I'm sure it is mostly my fault, but I saw an error in the net log saying something about main.lua. I saw on another thread about a fix in main.lua and using integrity checks. I can change main.lua, I'm just not sure about the integrity checks.

Let me know - digi2112@hotmail.com

I would, at least, like to get servman running on BS or FC2, now.

Thanks,

Digi :thumbup:

HiJak, thats something I had in mind when building the new banformat - to recieve/send updates from and to a masterserver - not just a full list download.

But were not there yet. Still a few more steps to go.

Digi, the fix for the main lua has been included in b11.

If you still got an error I would like to read a bit more on the problem.

I'll need a bit more information, these files from your server .\Temp:

- Error.log

- network-nnnnnnnn-nnnn.log

- ServMan-Serverlog-nnnnnnnn-nnnn.log

Edited by Panzertard

• 2 weeks later...

Is the option to restart the mission when the server goes empty broken? I can't get it to work with Beta 11.

S! Case

I had this idea and I was thinking of experimenting a little bit with it on my own. But essentially I want to add meta data of sorts to each mission. Yoda previously did this with AMRACT, via a text file that matched that of the mission. For FC1 it was an effective workaround to create a slightly dynamic feel to the mission.

I'm hoping to do it via just adding the mission info to a single lua file that sets the data. Currently the only variables I would want to dynamically set are the time in rotation, message of the day, and possibly a new variable that has a little bit of info about the mission.

The main reason for this is to have Mission A be in rotation for 4 hours, Mission B be in rotation for 7 hours, and Mission C be in rotation for 2 hours. All the while keeping /timeleft accurate for each mission automatically, but also to create a central location for mission specific data to be saved and loaded from.

So is this possible?

And does Servman currently "know" anything about missions not in the "multiplayer folder"?

For instance, "multiplayer/GrimesSecretNewMission" folder... :D ?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Sorry, I've been a bit absent lately - I'm a bit occupied with work for a few weeks. :)

Crunch had a question, which I'll repost here just in case some of you run into the same problem:

I am trying to manually add the entry to conf_banned.lua after looking up the IP in the file ServMan-Serverlog-20100528-1313.log

I can only find the player's IP and not ucid. Do I need the ucid as well to ban. Can I find it somewhere in the logs?

Manually editing the CONF_BANNED.LUA - I've updated part 2 of this post - scroll down and have a look:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=898035&postcount=5

Is the option to restart the mission when the server goes empty broken? I can't get it to work with Beta 11.

S! Case

I've seen this problem too - I'll have a look into it.

I need to know this from you:

- Are you using the server-monitor script?

- Or starting the server via commandline directly into a mission?

- Or just the old fashion way of "click FC2 MP icon, select a mission and there she goes"?

Thanks again, works like a charm. 1 question... is there no /motd anymore?

Or replacement command? :thumbup::pilotfly:

No, but for beta 12 it will be. Thanks for the request :)

I've seen this problem too - I'll have a look into it.

I need to know this from you:

- Are you using the server-monitor script?

- Or starting the server via commandline directly into a mission?

- Or just the old fashion way of "click FC2 MP icon, select a mission and there she goes"?

1. No

2. No

3. Yes

Sorry, I've been a bit absent lately - I'm a bit occupied with work for a few weeks. :)

Crunch had a question, which I'll repost here just in case some of you run into the same problem:

Manually editing the CONF_BANNED.LUA - I've updated part 2 of this post - scroll down and have a look:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=898035&postcount=5

Thank you sir!